Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in El Morche?

Anyone living in El Morche?

Old Jul 12th 2017, 11:10 am
Just Joined

ArrivingSoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Anyone living in El Morche?

Hi I'm considering moving to Coin but I've also been advised about Alhaurin el Grande. People have said there's quite a big presence of expats there but El Morche has come to my attention and I was wondering if anyone who's living or lived out there could tell me more about the place.

Has it the appeal factor? any incentives for going or any reasons why I shouldn't? I just would like some general advice before I can make up my decision. I'm particularly looking to be in a local community or at least in a location where I can meet other expats and not have the issue of the language barrier, I cant speak a word of Spanish. I think one of the important things to take into account is having an atmosphere about where you live with things to do in your recreational time.

If this area is recommended quite favourable by a lot expats then it's a case of finding the affordable rental accommodation. In my case because of my finances whilst I've been travelling I've had to find flat-shares, spare rooms and communal living. Anyone know of places available out there?

It would be great to hear people's input.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone living in El Morche?

I visit El Morche now and again. I don't know how many expats live there but certainly you see them around. It is a nice little coastal town good few bars and restaurants and very nice Beachfront. What it is like to live? Certainly smaller and less busy than Torrox Nerja or Torre Del Mar which are all nearby.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

That's good to hear, I can keep my options open now, I'm looking to moving at the end of the month so only 2 and a bit weeks left really. I need to get a move on and secure accommodation and sort my travel out. I am looking forward to the move though, it will be a big adjustment from France but a refreshing change.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck wherever you choose
Old Jul 12th 2017, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, perhaps might end up in your area but will delibrate. ☺
Old Jul 12th 2017, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Deliberate lol, my typing errors
Old Jul 12th 2017, 8:56 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I know that coast pretty well and have many friends there. El Morche has always struck me as a boring little village between Torrox and Torre del Mar. It’s the sort of place you drive through and don’t notice it’s there.

You should look at Nerja and Torrox, lots going on there.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

I'm looking it up now as an alternative so thanks for that, it's great to broaden my search to find the ideal place or close enough to. I suppose when I'm there wherever I settle I will have the time to scope out other surrounding areas. but I'm going to need to to the Spanish apps on my phone or audios out to try speak the local lingo.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArrivingSoon
Deliberate lol, my typing errors
If we all apologised for our typing errors the forum would overload!

Good luck with your search.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fred James
I know that coast pretty well and have many friends there. El Morche has always struck me as a boring little village between Torrox and Torre del Mar. It’s the sort of place you drive through and don’t notice it’s there.

You should look at Nerja and Torrox, lots going on there.
Horses for courses yes as I said a small quiet town. Like many Spanish coastal towns not much to look at on a drive through main road. However it does have in my opinion a very nice beach front. I prefer to visit there rather than Nerja however that is why I ? Living there , for retirees I would think great but younger person probably they would prefer a livelier town.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Thanks, its a challenging task to find the right location and set up but I'll get there.