Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the In-land Murcia Region - Spain

Anyone from the In-land Murcia Region - Spain

Old Jan 9th 2005, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Mightydynamite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone from the In-land Murcia Region - Spain

Newbbie to the Forum. So much to read through.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Tazpenfold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from the In-land Murcia Region - Spain

Originally Posted by Mightydynamite
Newbbie to the Forum. So much to read through.
Hi there, im fairly new to the forum aswell......im moving to Campoamor in 1 month - its about 15 minutes east of murcia (well the airport at least!).....are you living there already or looking at moving?
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Hola,
We are very much in-land. Abanilla/Fortuna areas, and have been living here for 2 years!
It appears that Campoamor is actually on the coast or have I got the wrong place? Thanks for replying tho.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Tazpenfold is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mightydynamite
Hola,
We are very much in-land. Abanilla/Fortuna areas, and have been living here for 2 years!
It appears that Campoamor is actually on the coast or have I got the wrong place? Thanks for replying tho.
Yeah thats the right place....its just me getting excited someone talking about the area we're moving to! sorry....
Forgive a miserable english bod desperate to leave this 'country'
You're obviously happy in spain as you've been there 2 years...i just hope its the right move for us!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Yes we have been here 2 years, it was quite difficult getting used to everything, as we are in a very rural part of the Murcia region, our choice, we wanted to get away from the city life, and as practically no one speaks english here, we have had a great incentive to try to learn and communicate. Loads of fun trying to make ourselves understoo.
I dont know Campoamor area but if the area is as nice as its lovely name, you should be very happy there.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Oldham is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Anyone from the In-land Murcia Region - Spain

Hello,

Just recently moved to Los Alcazares region,but had friends living here for 2 years now.The people are friendly and respect you if you do try to learn some Spanish,although my Spanish is getting worse (I think)!!!!!Surprisingly the weather hasnt been as warm as it usually is for this time of year,but every day is sunny.....Enjoy yourself its a beautiful region and I recommend you visit El Patio the resteraunt in Los Alcazares.....muy bueno comida
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: Anyone from the In-land Murcia Region - Spain

Hola,

Bienvenido en Espana.

Embarrassed to say that I dont know where Los Alcaszares is situated.
I think that if one tries to speak spanish, as bad as the pronunciation is, they do appreciate the effort, and then join and help you along. I have tried to improve my spanish, by watching spanish tv soaps with subtitles for the deaf, it is really helping a lot, although cant do it with the news as they speak so fast its frightening. An interesting way to learn a language and understand a culture. If someone can think of a better way, kindly share it with us. Hasta Luego.