Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help! I bought a flat in Torrevieja and want to renovate.

Help! I bought a flat in Torrevieja and want to renovate.

Old Mar 25th 2012, 11:02 am
Just Joined

milestenk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! I bought a flat in Torrevieja and want to renovate.

Hi all
I bought a small flat in Torrevieja and this need to be refurbished. It needs new kitchen, painting, furniture, etc etc. Where in Torrevieja has it all?? Is it a big center over there? Please help. Thank you kindly.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! I bought a flat in Torrevieja and want to renovate.

Hi and welcome; haven't the foggiest about Torrevieja but as a general answer, most larger centres of population have, for example, an Aki, and/or Bauhaus and/or Leroy Merlin and possibly others....all the typical B& Q/Homebase/ type under one roof type DIY warehouses. Many of us though would suggest you take a look at your 'local' ferreteria (hardware/ironmonger) because not only is it a fallacy that things in small shops will be more expensive - they MIGHT be but not necessarily, but of course you'll then be dealing with locals who might also be able to help recommend tradesmen, and probably deliver free/cheaply.
Best of luck with your new home and/or project!
Old Mar 25th 2012, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Don´t forget to get Permission from the Ayuntamiento (town hall) just put basics but if you dont and start work it could just be someone will denounce you, it wont cost much and will be peace of mind.

Good luck and have fun
Old Mar 25th 2012, 1:12 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You are spoiled for choice.

There are several shops on the dual carraigeway you might like to visit. I would recommend Terrazos el Pillar, Avenida Cortes Valencianas.

There is a good DIY store in the Habinares Centre on CV905.

I would recommend Hon Garcias, on CV905. They have a wide selection of furnture and household appliances. They are a family run business who deliver and install electrical appliances for free.

Construction work is not permitted during siesta or on Sundays. You could annoy your neighbours and get a visit by the police.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf...ed=0CCEQ8gEwAA

Last edited by missile; Mar 25th 2012 at 1:19 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

milestenk is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, thanks a lot! You are all very helpful. Cheers!