Advice

Old Jun 14th 2015, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Bowman1984uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Advice

Hey All,

So after chopping and changing my where I want to be mind set I decided on Spain (although I will end up in Italy one day). I have accepted a bar position in a new bar opening in October in Zaragoza (the bar is partnered with School 16 ). So I am looking for general advice and a few specifics from you lovely people .... btw no negative comments I do not want this to turn into an argument lol. So I have covered rent price brackets myself. I am wondering what areas to avoid as this is hard to find online. 2. Is there markets in Zaragoza for easy access to fresh goods etc and 3. Banks- Who to avoid etc

Thanks in advance

Andy
Old Jun 15th 2015, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

tabbicat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice

Hi Andy,

I have visited Zaragoza a couple of times, though not recently. It's a nice city - not too big and not too small. It's inland, not on the coast, but that means you'll be able to integrate and make friends with locals, not just expat community. If you don't already speak Spanish, I'd recommend you learn a bit before going there, but it will probably be a good place for you to learn Spanish. You'll be able to find people to do language exchanges with (intercambios) to practise and make friends.

I'm sure you'll find markets as all Spanish towns have them and any of the regular banks should be okay, maybe ask around once you get there. Same applies for areas to avoid. A good website for finding accommodation and other classified ads is loquo.com

Also, Zaragoza is not too far from the Pyrenees if you like hiking or skiing.

It may not be Italy but I think you'll enjoy living there!