Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

%^$vodafone$£"()&*

%^$vodafone$£"()&*

Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:23 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Angry %^$vodafone$£"()&*

vodafone have lost my number:curse::curse:

went to the vodafone shop last week to have my number transferred from movistar

they said it would take a week for the new sim to be ready

went back today - they have no record of the number

popped round to the movistar shop - number has been cancelled at the request of new provider

back to vodafone shop - they have no idea but suggest we go back on Monday

any ideas what I can do if it's disappeared completely?

or has this happened to anyone else?
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: %^$vodafone$£"()&*

Oh dear! I've just requested the switch to Vodafone too. Hope my number doesn't vanish too! It sends a chill down my spine when I think about all the places I have my tel number advertised...it would cost me a fortune to readvertise a new number. Yikes!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I switched to Vodafone last summer from orange.

After I put in the request, I didn't get the text confirming the changeover date and asking me to go collect the SIM, so i went back to the shop to check. The girl couldn't find any record of my request. She said she'd make a new request, but when she asked for my name again, she instantly recognised it (funny foreign name) and found my original order form....

From then on everything went smoothly
Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:06 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
Oh dear! I've just requested the switch to Vodafone too. Hope my number doesn't vanish too! It sends a chill down my spine when I think about all the places I have my tel number advertised...it would cost me a fortune to readvertise a new number. Yikes!
my problem exactly - it wouldn't necessarily cost a fortune but it would be a right pain in the butt

Originally Posted by rachelk
I switched to Vodafone last summer from orange.

After I put in the request, I didn't get the text confirming the changeover date and asking me to go collect the SIM, so i went back to the shop to check. The girl couldn't find any record of my request. She said she'd make a new request, but when she asked for my name again, she instantly recognised it (funny foreign name) and found my original order form....

From then on everything went smoothly
maybe it's the funny foreign name then

for Monday

Last edited by lynnxa; Feb 7th 2010 at 4:29 am.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:34 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by lynnxa
my problem exactly - it wouldn't necessarily cost a fortune but it would be a right pain in the butt

maybe it's the funny foreign name then

for Monday
update

Movistar won - they reconnected my number