Visa when already in SA

Old Jul 25th 2017, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

NewtoJoburg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa when already in SA

Hi guys another Visa question I'm afraid.
My partner and I have suddenly had to move to JHB from the UK as his father is very ill and needs help with his business. He is a SA citizen, I am a UK citizen. Is it possible to apply for a visa when already here? I'm thinking I should qualify for a critical skills visa although I don't have a job offer in place I should have enough R in the bank. Anyone know if I have to go all the way back to the UK to sort this out?
Any advice very much appreciated.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 2:50 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa when already in SA

It'll mean a trip to Home Affairs in Jo'burg, but you should go for an accompanying spouse visa if your husband is a Saffa. As long as you have marriage certificates (unabridged and original) and a few other bits and pieces that feels the easiest visa in your circumstances, You used to be only able to change status in-country in an emergency, so that should be ok if you can prove it is one - just remember that you'll speak to a dozen people there and get a dozen answers, so keep calm and roll with the frustration.