Relatives perimt question

Old May 6th 2014, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

mbydes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relatives permit question

Hi there, can anyone confirm if the SA citizen needs to accompany the non-SA citizen in order to apply for a relatives permit?

Also does one need to submit actual passport or will a certified copy suffice?

Thanks

Last edited by mbydes; May 6th 2014 at 3:17 pm.
Old May 7th 2014, 6:51 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relatives permit question

Originally Posted by mbydes
Hi there, can anyone confirm if the SA citizen needs to accompany the non-SA citizen in order to apply for a relatives permit?

Also does one need to submit actual passport or will a certified copy suffice?

Thanks
I took my SA wife with me to Whitehall, and can honestly say it saved the day - rather be safe than sorry. I don't think it is compulsory, but rather go with more information (supporting documents, spouses, bribes) than less.

You need your actual passport - they stamped mine there and then.
Old May 7th 2014, 7:26 am
Just Joined

mbydes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relatives perimt question

Thanks very much.

Do they operate on an appointment basis at Whitehall or is it very much get there early and hope for the best?

Cheers
Old May 7th 2014, 5:31 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relatives perimt question

Originally Posted by mbydes
Thanks very much.

Do they operate on an appointment basis at Whitehall or is it very much get there early and hope for the best?

Cheers
I haven't been in a few years, but you used to have to phone an automated number at a quid a minute, and at the end of a 9 minute call (and no, I'm not making this up) it gave you a time and date - non-negotiable, not refundable. If you couldn't make it, you had to dial again. The date was randomly generated for any time in the next 10 weeks. You can't just turn up.

Unless anyone knows differently?