Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Moving to Sa... Which visa is needed?

Moving to Sa... Which visa is needed?

Old May 30th 2014, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

JillW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Sa... Which visa is needed?

Hi, I am South African and my husband is British. We want to go to south for a year or 2 and would like to know the best visa to get for him so that he can work, he is a chef. Any help will be gladly appreciated!
Old May 30th 2014, 7:07 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Sa... Which visa is needed?

Originally Posted by JillW
Hi, I am South African and my husband is British. We want to go to south for a year or 2 and would like to know the best visa to get for him so that he can work, he is a chef. Any help will be gladly appreciated!
Hi Jill, welcome to BE.

He'll be best going for an accompanying spouse visa. I think you need to have been married for 5 years - but he can work if it has the right endorsements. You will need to check with SA house in Whitehall.

Check here...

http://www.immigrationsouthafrica.org/faq/

or

http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/immi...porary-permits

The bit you need is right at the bottom of the 2nd link - good luck.