Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Life Partner Permit - Residency questions

Life Partner Permit - Residency questions

Old Feb 23rd 2014, 8:55 am
Just Joined

romeosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life Partner Permit - Residency questions

Hi All

After receiving two really pricey quotes over £1k each from immigration agents, we decided to go it alone. We are both in the UK at present, I am South African born and my partner and I have been together for over 12 years. We have done lots of research, but cannot find the following information, please can anyone shed some light:

1. On the BI-1738 - For life partner application - do we tick the RELATIVE catergory?
2. In section 4. Addresses - what do we fill in under Contact Person (i.e. what does this relate to, me, an agent or a contact person in SA). The next part in this section asks for details of relatives etc in South Africa - so a bit confusing.
3. SA House under temporary residency has an email address to make an appointment, but says the following: "Applicants for permanent residency must sent their request for appointment to: [email protected]". Is that the route to take appointment or just go in?

Thanks very much (in anticipation) for any help. We are nearly there in respect of all the enclosures, but want a fighting chance of being correct the first time.

Leigh
Old Feb 27th 2014, 10:51 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life Partner Permit - Residency questions

Sorry it's taken a while to respond - I'm not an expert on this but I read this today which may mean you need to move quickly...:

http://www.news24.com/Travel/Interna...ke-up-20140227
Old Feb 27th 2014, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

ukguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine cost me £2K and took almost 6 weeks, apparently the first and second ones issued were stolen, third time lucky!

I was told it would be a permanent permit but when I went to pick it up from the Attorney I was told they are not issued straight away anymore.
So I got a 2 year temporary permit and have to apply again in 2 years time and again 2 years after that.

I was promised by the Attorney I would not have to pay anymore, I wonder if these changes in April 2014 will make it harder for me get the next 2 year temporary permit.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

romeosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ededed
Sorry it's taken a while to respond - I'm not an expert on this but I read this today which may mean you need to move quickly...:

http://www.news24.com/Travel/Interna...ke-up-20140227
Thanks for your response - we have been together 12 years so won't affect us, but we are getting a move on.
Old May 6th 2014, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

mbydes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi romeosa

Did you manage to complete your application? I am going through a similar process and would be good to know the steps you took.

Thanks