Cape Town weather

Old Jan 4th 2015, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Dahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cape Town weather

Hi looking for a bit of weather info. I am going to Cape Town for the last week of March & first week of April. Am I right in thinking that the weather is cooler in the evening? so when going at night I would need long sleeves?

Thanks in advance for any replys.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cape Town weather

It's going to be autumn when you visit. Expect average temperatures in the low 20s during the day, dropping to around 12 - 14 at night, but CT has a maritime climate and it does vary. I don't know your temperature tolerance, but I'd say you'll need long sleeves in the evening, and I'd probably want a fleece or warm jacket when it hits 12C!
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

The temp will be in the mid 20's during day and probably around 16 to 17 at night. However if the wind blows a South Easter it can be chilly. You will need a windbreaker with maybe a fleecy inside that you could unzip and take out is the best option. Even if it rains the day temp goes to about 14 to 16. March is still very warm too and it can go into the 30's. If you leave CT and go to the winelands the temp is much hotter. Cape Town is cooler by perhaps 10 deg due to ocean wind.

FWIW the weather changes always at the Easter Weekend (depending when it is) and the North West winds start blowing in from the Atlantic so you can get a rainy day!

They have wonderful clothes in Cape Town at reasonable prices, especially at craft markets or budget stores like Mr Price or Pick n Pay clothes which is like Tesco so you could always stock up while on holiday!

Enjoy
Old Jan 9th 2015, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Dahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond reputeDahab has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both for your replies. Long sleeves and a light jacket it is then.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Jeans and T Shirts, couple of light dresses and cardies with your jacket will do! The climate in CT is like Spain, Mediterranean. Enjoy your stay.