Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

British Citizen to immigrate and study in cape town

British Citizen to immigrate and study in cape town

Old May 1st 2014, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Right Move is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Citizen to immigrate and study in cape town

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions I have.

I am a born british citizen. I have a south African partner im living with here in London. I want to immigrate to cape town and study.

Questions:

can I get an international student loan?
or can I get a student loan out there in south Africa?

any links would be great too

Me and my partner want to marry so im wondering if im entitled to a student loan out there on a temporary spouse visa? or if im on a student visa, if I can get an international student loan?

Thanks so much for your help

All the best xx

Last edited by Right Move; May 1st 2014 at 9:00 pm. Reason: i would like to introduce myself first
Old May 1st 2014, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Right Move is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Citizen to immigrate and study in cape town

Sorry for not introducing myself properly. Am new to this. I have been living in London my entire life and I am 25 year old female. I would really love to study theatre and performance. I am so passionate about it and I would love to do it in cape town because of the quality of life and the connection with nature. I am also a fine artist and it would hugely influence and inspire my art. My partner cant wait to get back over there as the London life has been very difficult. we would be so happy over there together. we would both like to study there. feel free to ask any questions thank you all in advance xx
Old May 1st 2014, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and Welcome to BE.

Good luck your move to Cape Town.
Old May 6th 2014, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

A quick google suggests that student loans are for citizens only

http://www.southafrica.info/services...m#.U2k8h2cU_1A