Black empowerment?

Old Dec 11th 2013, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice
Default Black empowerment?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world...s-8997189.html

Old Dec 11th 2013, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

DustyCEO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Black empowerment?

BEE or Black Empowerment was brought into use so that previously disadvantaged people would get a chance in the job market. That was twenty years ago, so why is it still in power today? The simple answer is the people who are most disadvantaged according to the polls are the poor blacks when really they hold all the cards because the ANC are 90% black and therefore will always hold the majority vote.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

BEE or Black Empowerment was brought into use so that previously disadvantaged people would get a chance in the job market. That was twenty years ago, so why is it still in power today? The simple answer is the people who are most disadvantaged according to the polls are the poor blacks when really they hold all the cards because the ANC are 90% black and therefore will always hold the majority vote.
What are you trying to say? I am sure that the sign language interpreter was the best to do the job.

I must say though that it was a little impressive to be able to stand there and just pretend to interpret and look so confident that only the ones actually knowing sign language seemed to pick up that the interpreter was just making some random moves with his hands.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 2:28 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DustyCEO
90%?? I think it's about 9.9% higher than that.

Originally Posted by Myusernamewastaken
What are you trying to say? I am sure that the sign language interpreter was the best to do the job.

I must say though that it was a little impressive to be able to stand there and just pretend to interpret and look so confident that only the ones actually knowing sign language seemed to pick up that the interpreter was just making some random moves with his hands.
That's what I thought. Astounding. Very impressive to do it for that long. Imagine if he'd slit Obama's throat, or worse still, told Zuma he was doing a good job. I can't believe the secret service didn't pick it up. I wish I'd thought of it.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
... or worse still, told Zuma he was doing a good job
I suppose you heard Ed, as was widely reported on the BBC, that the SABC edited out the booing that Zuma received from its coverage of the 'Madiba' shambles.

As for the hapless signer (who now claims he was 'sick'), no doubt all the deaf people in the world are racists.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 11:08 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
I suppose you heard Ed, as was widely reported on the BBC, that the SABC edited out the booing that Zuma received from its coverage of the 'Madiba' shambles.

As for the hapless signer (who now claims he was 'sick'), no doubt all the deaf people in the world are racists.
I did. Luckily, I watched it on Sky, and it's been widely reported by what is becoming (SABC aside) a very disillusioned and subversive independent media.

As I said in another thread, that signer was simply a shining example of the utter chaos that reigns here in Africa's most cultured banana republic.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 8:42 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG57n...ature=youtu.be

What the "Signer" actually said.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

sheba88 is an unknown quantity at this point

We here in Canada are told by the CBC how well run the whole Mandela performance is!Is it really that good ?
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by sheba88
We here in Canada are told by the CBC how well run the whole Mandela performance is!Is it really that good ?
By African standards, yes.

By international standards, no.

11 hour queues to see his coffin. Thousands turned away. Park and ride shambles. A half-empty stadium at the memorial because of congestion. People singing and chanting through the speeches. The sign language debacle. Petty politicking by the ANC.

About par for the course and no more or less than was expected. It'll be a surprise if they bury the poor sod the right way up.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
By African standards, yes.

By international standards, no.
You'll be telling us that good fences make good neighbours next, Ed.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Pablo
You'll be telling us that good fences make good neighbours next, Ed.
Only electric ones. Sadly, the power's usually out.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

I laughed at that.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 10:42 am
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future

Yip, that was hilarious. It starts off that way and ends in Separate but equal.