Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

The white Stuff

The white Stuff

Old Feb 16th 2013, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future
Default Re: The white Stuff

Originally Posted by booboo24
When I got back yesterday Jess our dog had a tick on her neck, Romeo our cat had one him last week. It ill be grand they said!

If I am still in this country next winter someone needs to shoot me and out me out of my misery!
You have been saying that for the last five years!Hope you feel better soon!
Old Feb 16th 2013, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

AdeleG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Booboo

It's sound like you and I have similar thoughts when it comes to winter in Slovenia! It's a tough one as I know I'll be fine again come the summer when I can get out and about but during a winter like this one, I too feel I must be mad to still be here!

It was on the news this week that the hospital in Lju is running out of space due to the number of people falling and injuring themselves on the ice

On another note, I only found out yesterday that Eddie Izzard is coming to Slo in March as part of his world tour but then today I found out its already sold out shame Do we think Slovenes will get his humour???
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Hi Adele, yes it can really get me down!

On the up-side I have been informed that winter is leaving us here in Haloze, that temperatures are on the way up
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Now this is just getting beyond silly - the amount of snow I mean, there's just nowhere left to shovel it to and its just piling up and piling up and still god damn snowing. In the 6 years I've been here I've never known anything like it and if it were like this every winter, there's no way I could stand it so here's hoping that spring will really spring sooner rather than later.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

Most snow I've seen fall in 24 hours yesterday and then today it was 7 degrees here, crazy weather
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:47 am
Just Joined

It was reported on the news last night that it was the most snow since 1976!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

Although the snow here is still over ones wellies, we just walked to our local cafe and back and you can definitely smell spring in the air! so hang on in there!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
Although the snow here is still over ones wellies, we just walked to our local cafe and back and you can definitely smell spring in the air! so hang on in there!
Thats the spirit Mike, I agree but still got my quad and 4 motion passat stuck on our 150 metre long access road, think I burn half the clutch trying to get the plumber to our house
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Snow is in the air and freezing all around! Its due to snow tonight and tomorrow

Well ya gotta laugh!

BTW me lovely keeps telling me we are in for a mini iceage
Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Looks like it is still snowing in KG. Is this the case in the other SLO resorts and I guess they will keep the lifts open at weekends after Easter? Anybody know ? Adele? Probably OK anyway as could nip to Italy/Austria if KG was closed early April.
I'm freezing in London. Good luck anyone who has booked an Easter caravan at the seaside...
M
Old Mar 25th 2013, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Michael - just noticed the web site says they are closing the slopes from April 1st ! All that snow - why dont they open weekend ?
Must be mad. Michael PS Should have spotted that before asking !
Old May 24th 2013, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

24digital24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had some pictures from KG sent to me. It seams winter has returned again!
Maybe I will have to take some ski equipment out with the shorts and sun cream this summer.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I just got back from California and although it was warm around SF, we ran into blizzards and snow when we came to Lake Tahoe ... thought it would have cleared by May
Old Jan 31st 2014, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Love California, Yosemite before it was 'discovered', Lake T etc etc but only once been skiing in US, somewhere a few hours from Scottsdale AZ - Happy Valley ??
But great news a metre of snow dumped on KG last night. I have great photos e mailed to me of cars buried but just don't know how to put them up........
So may just have to look at flights and try to ski with buddies who are booked to go to SLO this month.
Always think of Adele when it snows and J & R ex Ourslo who look snowed in.
Have a great weekend and good luck to England taking on the what could be a good French team. Still I believe we have won most battles with them unless someone can convince me otherwise....M
Old Jan 31st 2014, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Glad to know you're thinking of me!!!

After a 'green' winter up to now, the snow is certainly making up for lost time. Half a metre fallen in just 24 hours and its forecast to continue for the next few days too.

It's now at that stage where there's nowhere left to shovel it, no pavements to walk on....

Needless to say, I still hate snow

Actually, I don't mind it when its in the mountains i.e. there where it should be and looks pretty but not down here and especially when there is so much of it like now.

Roll on spring!

Regards to all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.