Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Well, that's it from me then

Well, that's it from me then

Old Jan 25th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice
Default Well, that's it from me then

For whoever is left in here, I'm giving up with this site.

I started a thread on learning Slovene 3 weeks ago, and i see it's been viewed 161 times (ok, probably 160, since I think I was one) - and nobody has bothered to contribute anything.

I will not say that I've contrived posts, but I certainly hoped to stimulate conversations, and I know that Michael (M&G) has similarly tried to promote the board, but got dissolusioned.

If not one of 160 people can be bothered to write to share any of their own thoughts on learning Slovene (or any language) - it's pretty clear to me that we are flogging a dead konj here, so I'm not bothering any more.

I shall look in every now and again, and if I see it is genuinely reviving, I'm happy to contribute, but I'd bet my last tollar that that is never going to happen.

Good luck to anyone else who tries, and to any in here who remember the old OurSlovenia board, lep pozdrav, adijo!

H lFL
Old Feb 9th 2015, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Well, that's it from me then

Sir H old chap,

Sorry to hear your givin' up on the old forum but I know how you feel. It's like flogging a dead horse! Fear the old facecloth has robbed the young ones to like posts with the big boys. I do stop by and look at the posts but I have learnt to keep stum since my liable case:-( Anyway the food was OK and I was released early for good behaviour. My internet was down for a bit and the assets were frozen(but the cold never bothered me anyway).

Now I am very busy fighting for pensioners rights and crusading for injustice so I forget to look in on the old forum.

I will be heading over to Slovenia soon if the Russians don't push on too far!

If you hear from M of M&G tell him I hope he got his cash out of HSBC(Switzerland) before they closed the loophole.

Perhaps I'll start a thread.

Best wishes to all,

John.