Reload this Page >

EEA4 when can I apply

EEA4 when can I apply

Old Mar 2nd 2015, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

mauls26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA4 when can I apply

Hi guys,

Apologies as I am sure this has been covered before but I need to understand what is the way to get British Citizenship.

I am currently on EEA2 since 18/07/2011.

Can I now apply for EEA4 ? My German Partner has been in this country and employed since Feb 2010 April never claimed a Penny from the government. We got married 12/02/2011.

Can I apply for EEA4 now or do i have to wait for the 5 years of our marriage before i could proceed with EEA4.

Can I now apply for EEA4 or could I go for British Citizenship straight away. Moreover my passport expires August 2015, any advise on whether to renew passport first and then apply for EEA4 or apply for EEA4 and then get passport renewed ??

Any suggestion or advise will be helpful.

Thanks Again.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA4 when can I apply

Eligibility

EEA4 visa

You must normally have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as:
• an EEA national ‘qualified person’ (worker, self-employed, self-sufficient, student orjobseeker),
• a family member or extended family member* of an EEA national qualified person or permanent resident,
• a former family member of an EEA national if you’ve retained your right of residence after the EEA national died or left the UK, or your/their marriage or civil partnership ended in divorce, annulment or dissolution, or
• a family member of a British citizen who worked or was self-employed in another EEA state before returning to the UK (‘Surinder Singh’ cases).
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for you response. Does that mean that because I was on PSW visa before 2011 (EEA2 after) - I can only qualify to apply for EEA4 in 2016??

I should say that we have been living together since 2010.

Regards
Maulik Shah

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Eligibility

EEA4 visa

You must normally have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as:
• an EEA national ‘qualified person’ (worker, self-employed, self-sufficient, student orjobseeker),
• a family member or extended family member* of an EEA national qualified person or permanent resident,
• a former family member of an EEA national if you’ve retained your right of residence after the EEA national died or left the UK, or your/their marriage or civil partnership ended in divorce, annulment or dissolution, or
• a family member of a British citizen who worked or was self-employed in another EEA state before returning to the UK (‘Surinder Singh’ cases).
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

From which date were you living in the UK (not visiting, but on a visa which allowed you to live in the UK)?

If 2011 then 5 years after that means that you can apply for EEA2 sometime in 2016.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I have been living in the UK since 2006 (student Visa) and 2009 Post study work visa and 2011 EEA2 visa. My partner came to the UK 2010.

Hope this helps. Unfortunately, I am still a bit confused. Thanks for you response.

Regards
Maulik Shah