Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Wanted,Exterior Door!

Wanted,Exterior Door!

Old Feb 6th 2013, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future
Default Wanted,Exterior Door!

I am looking for a good second hand exterior door or pair of doors that I can adapt to a make entrance door for my workshop.Does anyone have one or know where i might find one,nothing on bolha.com or willhaben.at at the right price!Thanks,Mike.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:06 am
Just Joined

AntsMcMurdosch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted,Exterior Door!

Is it a wooden door you're looking for? Where in NE Slovenia are you?

My girlfriend's dad does aluminium fabrication in M.S. But if that's not what you're looking for he may know someone, somewhere, trying to get rid of a door.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

Thank You!! As second hand doors seem thin on the ground,I decided to go ahead and make a pair of doors to give me good access,one down,one to go!We are right at the top end of the Goricko,very close to the Hungarian border!It sounds like you are not too far away yourself??All good wishes,Mike.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Having just read your post on the WHY thread I see you are not so close after all,but Good Luck with your future plans!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
Thank You!! As second hand doors seem thin on the ground,I decided to go ahead and make a pair of doors to give me good access,one down,one to go!We are right at the top end of the Goricko,very close to the Hungarian border!It sounds like you are not too far away yourself??All good wishes,Mike.
Well done Mike or is it Janet who is the chippy?

I am(the house) located near the Austrian/Hungarian border. Rural Hungary states that stuff is cheaper across the boarder! Have you crossed over to see what's on offer in the way of building supplies etc? The pound is buying less stuff in Euro land again so I could do with a few pointers on the Hungarian option.

What about the locals do they pop across as is common on the boarder in Ireland?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

AntsMcMurdosch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
Having just read your post on the WHY thread I see you are not so close after all,but Good Luck with your future plans!
Thanks guys! And well done on the door, seems like a tricky thing to make (what with the accurate measurements and all that).
Old Feb 28th 2013, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SloJohn
Well done Mike or is it Janet who is the chippy?

I am(the house) located near the Austrian/Hungarian border. Rural Hungary states that stuff is cheaper across the boarder! Have you crossed over to see what's on offer in the way of building supplies etc? The pound is buying less stuff in Euro land again so I could do with a few pointers on the Hungarian option.

What about the locals do they pop across as is common on the boarder in Ireland?
We are just ten miles away from the small town of Szentgotthard in Hungary,but I am afraid to say its the good cakes at the high street bakers that we like to pop over for!