Reload this Page >

Slovenia - Sky UK

Slovenia - Sky UK

Old Jan 25th 2013, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Slovenia - Sky UK

Originally Posted by billycornelly
Just a bit more info, Hi John we used my friends htc phone to log into the astra 2 sat, it set the degree at 27.8 and that got us hooked to the signal, I fixed the dish to my chimney as we live next to a forest and struggled to find the signal i built the chimney so am confident its capable of holding the dish, Karl our son got us a registered sky card from england but the sky box we brought from england was tempermental so we switched to a slovenian bought receiver which works better and picks up more channels along with all the free to air uk channels, this is a link my missus alison uses for info soz I don't know how to paste, www.ukfree.tv/helpme.php good luck, Billy
You will have to ensure the dish is not only set to the correct angle East/West but the elevation is correct for your location. There is also a LNB skew angle to check.

It's been a while since I bothered with the satty but I have checked the satbeams site and zoomed in on Slovenia. It would appear that an 80cm dish correctly set up will work fine not 1.2m as I suggested. Just ensure you have clear line of sight from the dish location using the figures at Satbeams. Also good quality low loss screened cable is a must especially if it's a long cable run.

Yes you are always better with a non sky box as you have greater choice in what you can receive.

John.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SloJohn
You will have to ensure the dish is not only set to the correct angle East/West but the elevation is correct for your location. There is also a LNB skew angle to check.

It's been a while since I bothered with the satty but I have checked the satbeams site and zoomed in on Slovenia. It would appear that an 80cm dish correctly set up will work fine not 1.2m as I suggested. Just ensure you have clear line of sight from the dish location using the figures at Satbeams. Also good quality low loss screened cable is a must especially if it's a long cable run.

Yes you are always better with a non sky box as you have greater choice in what you can receive.

John.
Do you have any experience with installing a motorised dish John? This is my preferred option, I can get the hardware from England cheap enough, just I'm no good at the installing part.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

Good advice John, cheers for that, nice to have someone around who knows their onions, we fiddled with the dish using the internet phone to line it up and kept in contact with the kids walkie talkies so when the on screen signal strength was good the wife on the other walkie talkie got me to hold it there, it was quite easy to find the signal this way or maybe we got lucky, who knows but can now watch footy and mrs browns boys, that new show on friday is good too, great night out.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billycornelly
Good advice John, cheers for that, nice to have someone around who knows their onions, we fiddled with the dish using the internet phone to line it up and kept in contact with the kids walkie talkies so when the on screen signal strength was good the wife on the other walkie talkie got me to hold it there, it was quite easy to find the signal this way or maybe we got lucky, who knows but can now watch footy and mrs browns boys, that new show on friday is good too, great night out.
Do you have a Slovenia TV sub as well billy? They show almost every premier league game across the sportklub channels, the commentary will be in Slovenian, Croatian or Serbian mind.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

Originally Posted by mbkarl
Do you have a Slovenia TV sub as well billy? They show almost every premier league game across the sportklub channels, the commentary will be in Slovenian, Croatian or Serbian mind.
We have an ariel Karl that picks up the slo and croatian channels but can't get the sporklub, the commentary wouldn't bother me if i could get it, we are looking at maybe buying an annual sky card that gets everything, been looking on the web theres a good choice about so we'll see.
By the way have Newcastle been took over by the french? rumour has it that Mike ashley is having french lessons.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Think Ashley got scared at the thought of losing next years increased tv money if Newcastle were relegated. Hope these new french lads can cut it in the premier league, should find out tonight.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Think Ashley got scared at the thought of losing next years increased tv money if Newcastle were relegated. Hope these new french lads can cut it in the premier league, should find out tonight.
A good win, well done
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

tense, that second half probably stripped a few years off my life
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

tense, that second half probably stripped a few years off my life
Yeah, been there a few times myself Karl, they gotta do it for 90 mins though it aint easy away from home.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road

Do you have any experience with installing a motorised dish John? This is my preferred option, I can get the hardware from England cheap enough, just I'm no good at the installing part.
Hi Mbkarl,

Yep I have an 80cm motorised dish. I installed it about ten years ago as I enjoyed watching foreign channels. I also enjoyed tracking down various links with news feeds etc and stuff you do not see on normal channels. However my dish is just parked most of the time picking up UK freesat channels now.

The basic installation is similar to a fixed dish. As the dish looks at an arc as it passes East/West it is very important to install the dish mounting pole perfectly perpendicular. If this is wrong or wobbly you will only receive a few satellites. Depending on your mount type and how it is controlled it should be easy to locate a strong satellite and then let the software find other satellites. Do remember to look at the Satbeams page and check which satellites you can receive with your chosen dish size from your location. There are loads of up to date links on tinternet. Just do your research and understand the kit before you buy.

John.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for the advice John, I'm hanging on for a few months (mainly due to lack of funds)