Reload this Page >

A Slovenia Forum!!

A Slovenia Forum!!

Old Jan 29th 2013, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Slovenia Forum!!

So i should have said Hello.

Can you recommend any other good shops in Nagykanizsa? Whats the price of electrical items and sports items (bikes etc) like in Hungary?
Old Jan 29th 2013, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AdeleG
Hi folks!

I noticed someone had posted somewhere about Tesco in Hungary. Can anyone enlighten me - where is the nearest one to Slovenia and does anyone do any food runs there?

Thanks
Adele
Check this guy out, I have never used him but others have!

www.comfortfoodshop.com
Old Jan 29th 2013, 11:37 am
Just Joined

AdeleG is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yes, Olly, I know him, almost a local from Bled, married to a Slovene. Being enterprising he has start importing back bacon and also gets sausages made. He has held a couple of english breakfast days, one in Bled and one in Lju. I bought some bacon from him once and it was very good, if a little pricey, but the main problem is you have to buy so much at once because it comes frozen but if you have enough hungry mouths and/or plenty of freezer space its fine.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

I met him last week for the first time, great guy, bought bacon ,sausaged and beans from him really good we had some this morning with our good friend and plumber he enjoyed it too, defo gonna buy some more, he also told me he's in the process of importing slovenian wine and schnaps to the uk.
Is there 2 p's in schnaps? I never use spellcheck
How did you find him Adele?
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

I met Olly at the english breakfast in Bled. Certainly a very fine chap!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Hi Guys - not sure who BooBoo meant when she said someone had been spending too much time with Bush. Funny that because when we were in New England last summer Bush ate at our small hotels restaurant. He regularly eats seafood in a small shack in 'kennyB' . We ate out that night and only spotted him whilst driving behind his car and minders 4x4. He pulled into his massive house on a promentary and the gate house gates quickly closed.
Anyway back to bacon, always take 2 frozen packs in my jacket when we come to SLO. It defrosts by the time we get there or in winter I tape it to the rental which seems to do the trick. Never killed Jay from Enca Bar with it over a good number of years. Unsure if Austria likes it coming in to their country but it is only there for an hour so guess its OK.
Good to know you can get a few home staples these days.
Great that this site has now got a SLO section.
Cheers M
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I agree. Actually Our Slovenia seems to have done us a favour by closing as this site seems to get more visitors and much quicker replies too.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by M AND G
Hi Guys - not sure who BooBoo meant when she said someone had been spending too much time with Bush. Cheers M
One of our lovely moderators had put in a post about Slovakia by mistake, has since been removed
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdeleG
Yes, I agree. Actually Our Slovenia seems to have done us a favour by closing as this site seems to get more visitors and much quicker replies too.
Sad as it was, it seems to be the best thing to have happened and its thanks to MBkarl
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by booboo24
Sad as it was, it seems to be the best thing to have happened and its thanks to MBkarl
I knew once you guys were tempted over, this place would grow and grow