Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Leaving Slovenia

Leaving Slovenia

Old Jun 28th 2013, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future
Default Leaving Slovenia

Its with very sad and heavy hearts that Janet and I will be leaving Slo next week due to my being unwell and us not being able to live as we have done for the past seven years.At the moment its very hard to imagine life else where,It may be a country in trouble,but it is a very special place indeed,and with the kindest people I have ever known !So to those of you who will still be here think of us now and then when you are sitting in the sun having a coffee we will take our memories with us and think of Slovenia often!!!All good wishes, Mike and Janet.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice
Default Re: Leaving Slovenia

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
Its with very sad and heavy hearts that Janet and I will be leaving Slo next week due to my being unwell and us not being able to live as we have done for the past seven years.At the moment its very hard to imagine life else where,It may be a country in trouble,but it is a very special place indeed,and with the kindest people I have ever known !So to those of you who will still be here think of us now and then when you are sitting in the sun having a coffee we will take our memories with us and think of Slovenia often!!!All good wishes, Mike and Janet.
OH, that is indeed very sad. Very sorry to hear this, Mike - I'm sure everyone wishes you a safe landing and recovery - presumably in Blighty?

HlFL
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road

OH dear! As Sir H says "that is indeed very sad". Your input on the forums has been welcomed and appreciated. It seems that the forum is dwindling again and perhaps there are only a few soles left in Slovenia. Are you selling your property? What's the state of the property market now?

Best wishes and hope your health improves.

John.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

Thank you both for your good wishes,in regard of the property market I think its fair to say its pretty much dead!There are a still Slovenes in LJ looking for a place in the country,the odd Russian and German looking for an Eco Farm,but not enough to keep local estate agents in business!We have been lucky in as much that we had a lot of intrest in our house due to its location and the potential it has to offer, but were glad to except an offer from family members of our next door neighbours , happy for a local family to have it!I think it will be some time before things improve here,but know that the Slovenes certainly in this area will get through it with their very strong sense of self sufficiency! All good wishes,Mike.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

Good luck with your move.
I've met 4 or 5 expats in the last month or so, who are looking to leave as it just isnt working for them here anymore
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mbkarl
Good luck with your move.
I've met 4 or 5 expats in the last month or so, who are looking to leave as it just isnt working for them here anymore
If it were not for my falling apart,we certainly would not be leaving!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

Sorry to see you go. Did we meet once at the Astoria meetup, to do with the old forum?
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mbkarl
Sorry to see you go. Did we meet once at the Astoria meetup, to do with the old forum?
Sorry to say,no!
Old Jul 6th 2013, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

I am assuming you got back ok? Hope the journey was not too stressful and your nicely settled. We have just got back from few days in Venzone in Italy, very pretty old town.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:07 am
Just Joined

AntsMcMurdosch is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope it all works out for the best! Good luck.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 2:42 am
Just Joined

simplysafe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Mike and Janet

I am really sorry to hear that you have (by now) returned to 'wherever you are'. My best wishes go with you both, and my hubby's too, of course.

Carole
Old Aug 9th 2013, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Thank you both for your good wishes,in regard of the property market I think its fair to say its pretty much dead!There are a still Slovenes in LJ looking for a place in the country,the odd Russian and German looking for an Eco Farm,but not enough to keep local estate agents in business!We have been lucky in as much that we had a lot of intrest in our house due to its location and the potential it has to offer, but were glad to except an offer from family members of our next door neighbours , happy for a local family to have it!I think it will be some time before things improve here,but know that the Slovenes certainly in this area will get through it with their very strong sense of self sufficiency! All good wishes,Mike.
So what are you doing now? A few months on. C
Old Aug 9th 2013, 2:47 am
Just Joined

If it were not for my falling apart,we certainly would not be leaving!
I hope you are back on the ball and both well and happy. Lots of love to you. I loved reading your posts on the other open forum.

Why no input? I will pm. C