Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

JEREMY HIBBINS - RIP

JEREMY HIBBINS - RIP

Old Nov 6th 2013, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice
Default JEREMY HIBBINS - RIP

I don't know if you are aware that Jeremy Hibbins, the headmaster of the British International School in Ljubljana was killed in a car crash last weekend.
I did not know him but understand that he had built a school of some repute.

The Queen opened the school I believe ,not many years ago and no doubt it will be a sad and tragic loss to his family and his students . I have been sent a picture and information about him but I do not understand how to put it up on the site.
I truly hope this road accident was not as a result of what we all witness in Slovenia , that of bad driving.
I hope that some good news can be posted soon as both Mr Hibbins and Mikes death have rather depressed the site . Both very tragic events.
Kindest to all, but to those I am failing to contact directly, please mail me as my previous computer packed up and I lost everything.
Michael
Old Nov 8th 2013, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Slovenija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JEREMY HIBBINS - RIP

http://www.britishschool.si/index.php/bisl-news/news

http://www.slovenskenovice.si/crni-s...-z-ravnateljem

They were friends.
We are all very sad.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice

I did not know Jeremy, but from what I read and hear, he was a super person. This is very tragic, and i do hope the School has people who can step into the breach, survive and prosper.

I remember there was a guy - I'm talking 18 - 20 years ago - who was the driver to get British Leyland (or whatever it was called) building cars in Bulgaria.

He died in a car accident in Serbia or somewhere - and with him gone, the company just gave up and closed the nascent plant. (It had been having awful trouble with the authorites at the time - they wanted him to set up the plant - but once it was set up, they wanted money/power/freebies.)

So that was that. Individuals make a huge difference. The best way to remember Jeremy would be to make sure his efforts with the school survive.

HlFL
Old Nov 14th 2013, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The collapse of the British Leyland venture in Varna was more complex than that.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 10:24 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The collapse of the British Leyland venture in Varna was more complex than that.
What the hells that got to do with an RIP thread
Old Nov 15th 2013, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

I had thought of saying the same earlier but as Scot is a BE fanatic and I see a heavy poster, I just put it down to not reading back.
Not appropriate for this thread but I make more errors as I get older.Best to both of you, and lets hope for some more pleasant news and discussions. Michael