Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Drop in property prices

Drop in property prices

Old Dec 27th 2013, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of
Default Drop in property prices

I am happy to say, that a lot of the over priced property on the market is dropping. Some of it had dropped by half. Ok its not good if you want to sell but...
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Drop in property prices

A knock on affect of this real estate tax?

I don't even read the news anymore, it's all doom, gloom and new taxes
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road

Warren Buffet makes most of his fortune by buying "the dips".

"Be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful" is one of his quotes along with "If you don't feel comfortable owning something for ten years don't own it for ten minutes!"

Glad to see the get rich quick merchants have left and serious long term investors are seeing the potential in Slovenia. Certain regions in Slovenia are seriously under valued and money will steadily flow into these areas over the medium term.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Slo Slo John - what areas do you think are underpriced and what places overpriced ??
Do you think it is reflected in general costs in these places? I think it is , a coffee or a meal in some areas is astronomically high , relatively speaking and in others spectacularly cheap - and property costs mirror it.
Has anyone got an example of a property that has lost an enormous amount in price?
Regards, M
Old Jan 18th 2014, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

I don't have specifics, I do keep an eye on the market purely out of interest. And on occasions viewed a few. One town house in Ptuj (just the shell) was on the market over a year ago for 140,000, its now on for 70,000, still not worth that much IMO.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by booboo24
I don't have specifics, I do keep an eye on the market purely out of interest. And on occasions viewed a few. One town house in Ptuj (just the shell) was on the market over a year ago for 140,000, its now on for 70,000, still not worth that much IMO.
And it still hasn't sold
Old Jun 4th 2014, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

There were some really modern, large and well designed million euro houses built in Kranjska-gora a few years back. Sure many will know them. These were bought by business people from the capital, now well under an hour away with the joiny-up motorway when the forecast was all blue sky !! Wouldn't mind one at a massive discount.....
I can dream.
Still they are now understanding and learning about the euro and the joys of
capitalism. Hmm.
M
Old Jun 14th 2014, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice

What surprised me on my visit to Slovenia last (long) weekend was the desperation I encountered on the part of two (small) business people.

I mean, the economy has been reported as growing in the final quarter of last year, and first quarter this (I forget the numbers, but they were reasonably impressive).

Maybe I just met the wrong people, but I expected something like: "Yes, we had bad times from 2008, but now it's getting better."

That was not the case at all. Rather, it was "I would sell up, if only i could get an offer." (I won't reveal details here, for obvious reasons.)

The other business person was clearly desperate too. I was quite shocked. Absolutely not what I had expected to hear.

HlFL
Old Jun 14th 2014, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice

What surprised me on my visit to Slovenia last (long) weekend was the desperation I encountered on the part of two (small) business people.

I mean, the economy has been reported as growing in the final quarter of last year, and first quarter this (I forget the numbers, but they were reasonably impressive).

Maybe I just met the wrong people, but I expected something like: "Yes, we had bad times from 2008, but now it's getting better."

That was not the case at all. Rather, it was "I would sell up, if only i could get an offer." (I won't reveal details here, for obvious reasons.)

The other business person was clearly desperate too. I was quite shocked. Absolutely not what I had expected to hear.

HlFL
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

We are forever hearing of people not being paid by companies they work/worked for! We have watched peoples standards of living drop before our eyes. Slovenian government has a lot to answer for. Its system makes it so hard for people to work for themselves, set up a business etc.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Pepperlacy is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh gawd. No. Really. Oh. Read previous post. Am so sorry.