Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

British goods in Slovenia

British goods in Slovenia

Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:28 am
Just Joined

meilec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British goods in Slovenia

Hello, I'm a Slovene living in the UK for many years now. I regulary drive between the UK and Slovenia, if you are interested for any British goods (can of baked beans, Marmite, or similar), do please let me know and I can bring the stuff on the next trip! Maurice

Last edited by meilec; Apr 27th 2016 at 9:34 am.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British goods in Slovenia

Originally Posted by meilec
Hello, I'm a Slovene living in Slovenia for many years now. I regulary drive between the UK and Slovenia, if you are interested for any British goods (can of baked beans, or similar), do please let me know and I can bring the stuff on the next trip! Maurice
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Can I just check - are you proposing to charge for this service?

Thanks.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Hello, no, not charging for the service as such, but obviously the goods ordered would be charged at cost. I can also deliver (bring) any purchases from Amazon or similar, which would otherwise not be shipped to Slovenia (friends ask me for that all the time). Hope that's ok, Maurice
Old May 1st 2016, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maurice,

What part of slovenia do you go to? I have been trying to get a certain type of plastic wall vent that only seems to be available in UK and the stockists do not post overseas. I could perhaps have it posted to you in UK.
Old May 3rd 2016, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Hello, I normally visit area around Brezice (southern part of Slovenia), and Lendava (next to Hungarian border in the east). Will be driving there from the UK at the end of May, so let me know if I can bring you anything (I can also post locally from either Slovenia or Hungary). Regards, Maurice
Old May 3rd 2016, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Maurice. I just had another look for the vent I need and this time I found a seller on Ebay who is willing to post the item to me here. I tried to purchase it but hit a new snag!
I now have a problem with Paypal. I have 2 bank accounts in UK but statements etc come to my address in Hungary. I just tried to pay for the vent but Paypal were asking for debit card details as I think the card I used before with them had expired. I can fill in the card number etc. OK but then they want the address that goes with the card. The form only accepts addresses in UK so I can't enter my Hungary address. Paypal is the only available payment method with this seller so I may still need to cancel the purchase and find a different way to buy the item.
Old May 3rd 2016, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Hello, if I can help in any way, I have UK based paypal account, I'm happy to place the order for you if you need me to. What kind of amount are we talking about? Regards, Maurice
Old May 23rd 2016, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Hi, What part of the UK are travelling too. I ask because i work in Animal rescue and there is some donations in the UK i am in need of getting to Slovenia
Old May 23rd 2016, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Hello, I'll be driving to Slovenia this coming weekend, I'm based in North Hampshire, but can collect as long as it's somewhere in the southern part of England. Regards, Maurice
Old May 23rd 2016, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Out of interest, how often to you drive back and fourth?
Old May 23rd 2016, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

About four times a year. Happy to help in the future if you need anything 'moved'. Regards, Maurice
Old May 23rd 2016, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

I have sent you a pm
Old May 25th 2016, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by meilec
Hello, if I can help in any way, I have UK based paypal account, I'm happy to place the order for you if you need me to. What kind of amount are we talking about? Regards, Maurice
Thanks for the offer but it is now sorted and I have ordered the item. I did contact the supplier but got no reply. I just tried again to make the purchase and found I had the option of paying through Paypal by card but not logged in to a Paypal account. This worked OK.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Hi Maurice, old Ourslovenia member and someone who is interested in all
aspects relating to Slovenia.
You sound a very nice, genuine and helpful person. It is good to know you
are about and offering a really nice service/help/assistace...
Unfortunately this site is somwhat slow but there are some nice helpful people
still on it.
Might just take you up on the offer one day.
Kind regards, Michael
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

aleon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

New to forums and noticed this thread hence registering.
Recently arrival to Slovenia and living here now and hopefully find job here too.

Great idea to see someone been kind enough to offer travel time for purchasing good from uk amazon/ebay etc...

Include me into pool, I`ve done the 1100mile trip once so might be heading back to UK in the next 6-months.

We can also think about a courier service between ourselves to service Slovenia.

Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.