Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anywhere in LJ / MB / Celje to buy 2nd hand Bikes?

Anywhere in LJ / MB / Celje to buy 2nd hand Bikes?

Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road
Default Anywhere in LJ / MB / Celje to buy 2nd hand Bikes?

Any of you know anywhere in Slovenia selling cheap bikes? A brand new one is unfortunately out of my price range right now.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:26 am
Just Joined

mikeandjen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anywhere in LJ / MB / Celje to buy 2nd hand Bikes?

There is a bike shop and hyundai garage in Lesce near Bled that sell new & used cycles. I have purchased 4 from them, the bikes are not in the shop so you will have to ask to see what they have.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

You can always see if there is anything suitable on Bolha.com in the M.B area!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:41 am
Just Joined

AdeleG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I can second what Mike&Jen wrote as I have also bought from the bike centre in Lesce above the Hyundai garage and with some persistance managed to get a good deal

Mike & Jen - I see you've just joined so hope you don't mind me asking, who are you, where are you, are you local to Lesce?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 11:32 am
Just Joined

mikeandjen is an unknown quantity at this point

we have a place in Podkoren and Oxfordshire, were mike&jen from the former slo.friends forum, and good friends with M&G or is that G&M
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

mbKarl if you do find a second hand bike shop in Maribor let us know, cheers
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

I think Slovenians are fixated on buying everything brand new, so i don't think I'll have much joy.

On bolha there was a couple, but the sellers were based in Koper
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mbkarl
I think Slovenians are fixated on buying everything brand new, so i don't think I'll have much joy.

On bolha there was a couple, but the sellers were based in Koper
I agree, they look at us like we got two heads when we say we want to buy second hand!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

IS it worth asking at your local police station? What happens to bikes that get chained up and never collected? Do the police/obcina remove them? I know in the UK the police sell off unclaimed bikes.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fizzytom
IS it worth asking at your local police station? What happens to bikes that get chained up and never collected? Do the police/obcina remove them? I know in the UK the police sell off unclaimed bikes.
Bikes chained up!!!!????? that must be big city talk! People will be talking about locking cars next!!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

Can't break the habit of a lifetime, I'm afraid. Can't leave the bike unlocked unless I can see it.

Just had another thought - the Interspars have noticeboards where people can advertise items for sale or wanted. Always lots on the board at the one at Qlandia

Ljubljana.info suggests Rog Sport at Trubarjeva 76, tel. 01/4305410. Says they have new and used bikes for sale.

Also found this which may be of interest not just for buying a used bike but for all kinds of things to sell and buy

http://life-in-ljubljana.123405.n3.n...t-f123411.html

Last edited by fizzytom; Feb 4th 2013 at 11:17 am. Reason: Addition
Old Feb 8th 2013, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

will check them out next time I'm with the frogs