Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Working in singapore with criminal record

Working in singapore with criminal record

Old Apr 12th 2014, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Nickowillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Working in singapore with criminal record

Hi, I have a drink driving conviction from a year ago. No time spent in jail and no probation. It was a huge mistake and one I am extremely remorseful for. I have the possibility to work for a company in Singapore for a family friend who wouldn't mind hiring me even with the conviction. But I was wondering if anybody has ever applied for a working visa and had been accepted when they had a conviction. From the research I've done so far it seems most people seem to think you can get accepted as long as your honest. Does anyone know if this is the case?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:02 am
Just Joined

ori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to beholdori0n is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Working in singapore with criminal record

Not sure if this helps. But Ministry of Manpower is the main body that decides the application status. You may send an email to them to directly ask.

https://secure.mom.gov.sg/feedback/Pages/default.aspx

above is the link. Wish you good luck!
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Nickowillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working in singapore with criminal record

That's for your help ori0n. I have Already tried that though and still waiting a response.