Teenage activities

Old May 16th 2013, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

BigNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teenage activities

We are coming out in August for at least 3 years with a 16yr old and 14yr old daughters. Both are into sport and music. Any clubs that anyone can recommend as this is our first posting overseas and they are non too keen to be moving!!
Old May 17th 2013, 1:48 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenage activities

Hi, I'm no longer living in Singapore so a wee bit out of touch, though do visit occasionally. There always used to be LOADS for kids to do in Singapore and I suspect they will have one whale of a time there. Anyway, will leave for the Singapore residents to elaborate. I'm sure Bocat and ExReg will be along soon to advise.
Old May 17th 2013, 6:16 am
Just Joined

many thanks bakedbean. Been getting a bit of a hard time from the older daughter who is heavily into music, that the music scene in Singapore is not good.....I hope that when we arrive on Thursday for our orientation visit I can allay her fears????
I on the other hand am very excited and looking forward to the adventure ahead!
Old May 17th 2013, 7:18 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

once they get there the exotic feel of the place ( relative to where you have come from ) might broaden them a bit so that there is more to life than music .
Here's hoping anyway !
Old May 17th 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

maybe......will hope that they will find new activities at school to help too!
Old May 18th 2013, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BigNic

There are LOADS of sporting opportunities in Singapore (although the heat is a bit of a killer and takes a lot of getting used to).

There are community centres everywhere with various sports and other activities on offer. These are mostly used by the local community but lots of expats use them too (including us - my son did archery at our community centre).

Most of the classes I know of are aimed at younger kids but I'm sure you'll find loads for older kids too. The colleges/unis have fantastic sporting facilities but you might need to dig around a bit to find out what's available to the public there.

When you say your daughter is heavily into music - do you mean concerts or playing music herself? There's a huge music scene in Singapore - might be different from what she's used to though but I'm sure she'll find something to suit her.
Old May 18th 2013, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks Bocat. She likes going to concerts very eclectic taste but loves live music.
Will do some research when we arrive next week for our orientation.