Singapore Work Visa

Old Nov 3rd 2012, 5:27 am
Just Joined

abhi4u05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Singapore Work Visa

Hi,

I am an Indian Citizen currently working in Australia on a Work Permit(Subclass 457). I want to relocate to Singapore and currently looking for a sponsor. How difficult it will be for my sponsor to arrange for my Singapore Visa even if I am in Australia.

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:41 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Work Visa

Hi Abhi and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by a Sponsor. Do you have a job lined up in Singapore? Your employer would do all the necessary in order to get you an employment pass.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

catherine1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Singapore Work Visa

Hi I'm new to all this so sorry if I'm not doing it right lol
I wondered if anyone could help me I'm hoping to move to singapore my boyfriend lives over there at the moment and is a singapore citizen although I'm finding it hard to find a visa that best suits me I don't have a job to go to but as soon as I get there I will try and find a job I didn't no if I had to get a tourist visa then apply for a working visa I just don't have a clue but I've been on the phone to the singapore embassy and the ministry of man power and they keep telling me to look on there websites but I don't have any luck.
I have a diploma in hair science and I have my nvq levels 1,2 and 3 these are all the highest qualifications in my field of work so I didn't no if that helped or not please someone help!!
Many thanks
Old Nov 15th 2012, 8:25 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Catherine and welcome to the forum. Singapore is not an easy place to get employment. They will always employ Singaporeans first, so you would need some special skills to land a job I would have thought.

Forgive my ignorance please, but what is Hair Science exactly? I presume you don't mean hairdressing?

Here's a link to the Ministry of Manpower website. Hopefully the link will go to the correct page but, if it doesn't, click the tab in the middle that says Passes. That will give you all the information you need to know about all the workpasses that are available.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/Pages/default.aspx
Old Nov 15th 2012, 8:42 am
Just Joined

catherine1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply hair science is all to do with the science of our hair and how it works and the pH scale in which what we do to it depends on where it sits acid or alkaline and its abit like biology but just on the hair shaft bit geeky I know!!! But I don't think its atal relevant its a lot more too it buti m not going to bore you lol
I've been looking on the MOM website and havnt found much help really I'm just going to start looking at jobs and see what comes up to be honest with you and just keep trying thanks anyway
Old Nov 15th 2012, 8:55 am

OK... best of luck
Old Dec 1st 2012, 12:29 pm

Hi Peter, where might someone with a NVQ in hair science find a job then? That would be useful for Catherine I imagine.