Singapore

Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:50 am
Just Joined

chrisp56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Singapore

do you know how I could take my partner to Singapore? - Posted at 04:59 on Saturday 26 January 2008 by chrisp56

I'm having a new work assignment as an expat in Singapore, and I'd like to know how I could take my same-sex partner with me. Any advice will be highly appreciated! thanks in advance
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:05 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore

There is no official recognition of same-sex relationships. Not sure what sex you are, but sex between men is still technically illegal here. There is a scene but it's tolerated rather than celebrated.

Your partner will have to come to Singapore under their own steam, either by getting an EP (Employment Pass) in their own right or on a tourist visa. The problem with the tourist visas is having to go on visa runs with no guarantee of being let back in the country. There is such a thing as a Long Term Social Visitors Pass, not sure of the conditions but worth looking into.

Some useful links:

www.ica.gov.sg - this is the Immigration website.

www.mom.gov.sg - this is the Ministry of Manpower, i.e., issues all work passes.

I have a lot of friends in same-sex relationships. Some came here together with one as a "trailing spouse". Maybe we could chat offline and I could put you in touch with somebody who has done all this before?

I don't think you can send PMs yet but I will PM you my email address.