Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Short term rental in Singapore

Short term rental in Singapore

Old May 4th 2008, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

EmmaandKatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short term rental in Singapore

Hello!

Myself and my friend (both females from England) will be on placement at Singapore General Hospital from June 26th to July 29th 2008. As the hospital accommodation is full we were hoping to rent 2 rooms in Singapore. Can anyone recommend a good website or does anyone know of anywhere we can try? Obviously we can not view beforehand so we need something reliable.

Many thanks
Emma
Old May 5th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term rental in Singapore

Don't think there is a site for short term rentals.

Can't the hospital help???

I know that there is a possibility of B&B at a place in Spottiswood Park but don't know anymore than that.
But heard it was good value and clean and safe.

You may find that the two of you will have to split up and stay in a rented room in an HDB flat or sometimes these vacancies do come up in condos but very difficult to sort that type of thing if not in Singapore.

Hopefully another forumer will have more positive help.

You might try another site.
expatsingapore.com

Just noted that there is a similar thread there.

Last edited by ex reg; May 5th 2008 at 2:02 am.
Old May 10th 2008, 9:52 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

As prev poster said, try expatsingapore.com. You can also try singaporeexpats.com (hope I've got that right). I never like the latter website so much (a lot of silliness on it) but they do have a good property section. Other than that, do some googles and maybe contact some agents - there are plenty you can find online.
Old May 11th 2008, 6:57 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that link is correct. Very silly forum but there is a flatshare section although I don't know if you'd get anything short-term.

Short-term rental in Singapore can be a problem unless you can afford a serviced apartment - no idea what they are these days but when we first arrived, in 2002, the cheapest we found was over S$4k a month. We were very lucky in that our RE agent knew of a brand new condo the letting agent was having trouble renting out, and we got it for 3 months although still paid a premium and had to go buy kitchen goods. (Thank goodness for Ikea Starter Kits!) Sorry I don't have any useful contacts these days.

I'm no longer there but is there anyone that could put a card up in the supermarkets or expat clubs for you, saying Room Wanted? Perhaps you could advertise in the Straits Times.