Relocating to Singapore

Old Feb 14th 2017, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Jaimesha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating to Singapore

Hello all. Im new to the forum and really in need of some guidance from British expats on the ground. We have a LO turning 2 in a few weeks. My husband will be working FT and I will too eventually. With regards to day care/ pre-school etc, we have been looking into this and I think im getting myself confused.

We started off with the international schools e.g. Eton, Stamford etc. The issues with this are: they follow the school calendar, have shorter hours and also are more regimented in terms of learning.

Looking at pre-schools, I have only identified 2 intl ones that have the longer hours similar to our UK set up - Pegasus and Modern Montessori.

Has anyone with LOs seen/ put their children into either of these? What are your thoughts on them? Should I pursue or discount them as options?

Any other ideas on childcare (intl). We looked at Brighton Montessori but this is not intl.

We are looking at either D09/ D10/ D15 areas currently.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old Mar 1st 2017, 4:07 am
Just Joined

propersol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocating to Singapore

Learning in Singapore is, by nature, regimented and I don't think that's about to change!

If you won't mind your child picking up the Singaporean accent, try kindergartens/preschools/daycares operated by churches. The point is to try for a more loving environment, and the secular alternatives just fail to impress.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to Singapore

Originally Posted by Jaimesha

We are looking at either D09/ D10/ D15 areas currently.
If pre schooling is that important to you then don't limit your choice in the areas you want to live.
Base living around your choice of pre school.
That goes for schools as well.