Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

pros and cons of Singapore

pros and cons of Singapore

Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:34 am
Just Joined

be_eja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pros and cons of Singapore

Hey All English Teachers,

I have spent the last few years in Taiwan teaching English to all age groups. I am ready for a change. Is Singapore somewhat modern? Do they avoid giving themselves normal everyday conveniences like bathroom showers with thermostats?

I need to move to an Asian country where teaching quality English is popular with the parents. Has anyone taught in Singapore? If you’re from a Western country, what is the worst thing about Singapore, city or country life?

One day, I hope to open up my own preschool. How hard is that for a foreigner?

Thanks,

Billy
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:33 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pros and cons of Singapore

Well for a start off you could try pressing that little blue button top right. There's quite a lot of threads re pros and cons of Singapore. Here's one from last year anyway with lots of info....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=pros

Thermostat controlled showers. Mmmm well ours in Singapore had a little digitally controlled box for temperature of water (outside the bathroom) and water pressure thingy-bobbys. Is that the kind of thing you mean?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:45 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pros and cons of Singapore

Do you mean teach English as a foreign language, or teach English as a core subject in a normal school?

Either way, I think you need to worry more about the visa than the state of the showers. (They're a century ahead of Australia, for sure.)