Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Potentially moving to Singapore by Jan 2013

Potentially moving to Singapore by Jan 2013

Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:27 am
Just Joined

lyndam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Potentially moving to Singapore by Jan 2013

what school are they going to?
Old Dec 6th 2012, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Flostan is on a distinguished road

Mine are going to go to Dover Court. I can't pm you with details of the other one yet until I have posted more. They apparently felt they were behind a private school here and had to get extra tutoring to catch up. I am not sure if they would be behind the state system here though.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Bethw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flostan
Beth we are also moving to Singapore in January. We have been through the school problem and amazingly got our children into the same school for a January start! Have looked at most schools and the good ones have waiting lists. However, never say never as we were told one thing and then two places suddenly came up. Good luck. Definitely worth getting school places then house hunting as from what I understand the school bus journeys can be long.

I have the same problem with travel and my job. Just wondering if perhaps we work for the same company! I don't know the best childcare solution either and am I a complete dilemma.
Hi Flostan and Bocat,

Thank you your replies,I am pleased to confirm that we have now found school places, flights are booked etc but still no helper

RE Schooling we have chosen one without a waiting list, because for us they were the most responsive and helpful - would love to know which school you are referring to Bocat?

Flotsan, Please PM who you are going to be working for, I am intrigued
Old Dec 10th 2012, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Bethw I dont think I can pm yet unfortunately but having reread your post I think it is a new job for you. It is my current job with a UK company that has the travel and I will be leaving it unless I can sort out some major childcare issues. Glad you have some issues sorted.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 1:51 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flostan
Bethw I dont think I can pm yet
I think you can. Just click on Bethw's name (or whoever) and you'll get a drop-down menu. Click the button that says Send a Private Message. There's also options for sending emails (if the poster has allowed that)
Old Dec 11th 2012, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks Bakedbean. I did try that but nothing happened. Tapped it twice and seems to work.

Last edited by Flostan; Dec 11th 2012 at 6:42 am. Reason: Typos
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Thank you everyone for all your help. We arrive in Singapore on the 30th of December Seriously excited but obviously still loads to do...

Still struggling with the domestic helper issue but all of your help and PM's have been invaluable - thank you all so much
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! What a time of year to move!

I'm sure you'll love the life out here. Please come and join us on Meetup when you get a chance. Good way to look for a helper too as lots of our members post there when they're moving back home and looking to place their helper with a new family.

Best of luck to you and your family.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 5:58 am
Just Joined

We have now arrived in Singapore and I cannot stress how lovely our early experience has been Happy New Year to you all and we look forward to meeting some of you soon

QUOTE=Bocat;10433000]Wow! What a time of year to move!

I'm sure you'll love the life out here. Please come and join us on Meetup when you get a chance. Good way to look for a helper too as lots of our members post there when they're moving back home and looking to place their helper with a new family.

Best of luck to you and your family.[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 1st 2013, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Bethw. Happy New Year to you and happy new life too! Enjoy!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:14 am
Just Joined

woo hoo bethw, you have done it!

My husband goes back today and we move in june....very nervous

xn
Old Jan 5th 2013, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Lyndam, don't be nervous, so far everyone I have met has been really helpful and the girls are loving it

Take care Beth
Old Jun 28th 2013, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Hello

We have moved too!

HOw have you settled in?