Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Personalised Employment Pass

Personalised Employment Pass

Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Personalised Employment Pass

Originally Posted by Seasider
Are you eligible to "hang around in Singapore" for six months?

Only started looking into it today...
It sounds as though my OH qualifies for a PEP visa, although I'm still not 100%sure. If the only requirements are that he earned more than S$7k in a permanent role less than 6 months ago, then I think we're fine.

I've unfortunately been contracting for the last year so it sounds like I wouldn't qualify for that one. Not sure what my option would be...
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:29 am
Just Joined

rugless is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi msi geek,

My singapore salary will be over the required $7kpm. I've had no response to my email to MOM, nice! Guess I'll just give the application a go and see what happens.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugless
Hi msi geek,

My singapore salary will be over the required $7kpm. I've had no response to my email to MOM, nice! Guess I'll just give the application a go and see what happens.
its not your Singapore salary that matters, its your salary you are currently earning that has to be 7k or more
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

lam.chop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by msi geek
No definite response from MOM regarding Personalised Employment Pass:

We refer to your email dated 04 February 2009.

You may wish to note that we will not be able to advise you on an
application before it is submitted to us.

Therefore, you may submit the application form to us for the consideration
of our processing officers. Please note that every application will be
subjected to the approval of the processing officers.
msi.geek - find out any more about applying for a PEP or EP with UK contract salary??

thanks -
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

If ANY ONE of the following criteria is met, a PEP can be issued

1. Eligibility

The following groups of foreigners will be eligible for a PEP:

Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $7,000
• The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.

Former P1 Pass holders who are residing overseas
• Former P1 Pass holders should not be unemployed for longer than a continuous period of six months at the point of application.

P1 Pass holders
• P1 Pass holders will be accorded in-principle approval for the PEP upon application.

P2 Pass holders
• P2 Pass holders that have at least two years' working experience on a P Pass. They should earn a fixed salary of at least $30,000 in the preceding year.

Q1 Pass holders
• Q1 Pass holders with at least five years' working experience on a Q1 pass. They should earn a fixed salary of at least $30,000 in the preceding year.

Foreign graduates from institutions of higher learning in Singapore
• Foreign graduates from institutions of higher learning in Singapore with at least two years' working experience on a P or Q1 Pass. They should earn a fixed salary of at least $30,000 in the preceding year.