Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Naughty Nights at Orchard Towers

Naughty Nights at Orchard Towers

Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:55 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Naughty Nights at Orchard Towers

Jason's Gourmet deli at Orchard Towers is currently open 24 hours for the Xmas period, so I decided to drag my spouse down there on Friday night and help with carting the food to the car.

We parked at OT and had to walk across the bridge from the carpark into Tower One to get outside as we were going to eat at Tony Roma's across the street and a quick drink at Muddy Murphy's. Just outside the main entrance was an ang moh (white guy) chatting with two Asian women.....we assumed they were Thai Takeaways as he had a huge grin on his face as he left arm-in-arm with them to the adjacent taxi rank and was patting their bums....

(For those who don't know, Orchard Towers is opposite the Hilton Hotel and known as the 'Four Floor of Whores' for very good reason.... ).

On the spur of the moment after leaving Muddy Murphy's, I wanted to see what one of the infamous bars was like (I last went into the old 'Top Ten' with a load of girlfriends about a dozen years ago). We went into the 'Crazy Horse' (I was the only ang moh woman in there) and of course most of the customers were ang mohs. Well, I would say that about 90% of the women were 'ladyboys' - probably Thai - and were quite blatant in their approach to any guy who walked in.

A few of them would get up on stage and dance to Madonna's songs. One had a vest on with the slogan "I suck, you lick"...

An ang moh (with a wedding ring!) sat at the table next to ours and within 5 seconds was approached by a ladyboy...he wasn't interested and it was like watching flies around a jamjar as dozens of 'women' approached him....one even pulled down her dress to reveal her (false) breast! The guy left the bar unaccompanied.

It was quite entertaining watching the goings on, some 'girls' got lucky but it seemed to be fairly quiet (it was about 11.15pm) with I guess many expats/tourists flying off to be with their families for Xmas. It was S$20 just for 2 coca-colas so we left soon after and did our grocery shopping...
Old Dec 21st 2008, 8:53 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naughty Nights at Orchard Towers

I've had some interesting times in OT. One was on my birthday after a long champagne brunch at the Hyatt, followed by an even longer stint in the Martini Bar.

Most of the men I was with were gay (my husband having gone home long ago as he had to work the next day) and the ladyboys (or chicks with d**** as a lot of them were) just couldn't quite get it; kept on gyrating and trying their best to get some custom.

I'm still wondering about one thing - when asked to feel a ladyboy's boob job and comment on how realistic it is, just what is the polite response?

(They felt quite real, actually. )
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:26 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw you didn't have a feel did you?

Thai-takeway, love it, have to mention that in the bar tonight.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:33 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

'course I did! Would have been rude not to.

My (female) friend also paid one of the chicks for her time, so she could ask her some very personal questions. Topics I'm sure a lot of us have wondered about, but never dared ask.

It's got a lot to answer for, brunch at the Hyatt. At least I didn't podium dance in Ipanema.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:37 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

And for all the naughty naughty ang mohs in Singapore, when you buy your Thai takeway make sure you're not getting extra meat and two veg
Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:51 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Naughty Nights at Orchard Towers

Originally Posted by katongkaren
And for all the naughty naughty ang mohs in Singapore, when you buy your Thai takeway make sure you're not getting extra meat and two veg
ROFPSML!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:06 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

the 4 floors, my old Navy stomping ground....

Id the Ipenema bar still there?

What about Bar Oz?
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:08 pm
Auntie Fa

Well I left Singapore in May 2007 but AFAIK Ipanema is still there (see mention of podium dancing above) and full of Russians. Is Bar Oz the one in the corner with pool tables?

IIRC Orchard Towers went en bloc just before we left. Not sure what the plans are but if they knock it down they're going to have to move the "girls" and their gangsters somewhere, aren't they? They won't all fit in Brix. I'm sure the more presentable ones will be moving into the Integrated Resorts when they're finished.

They tried to clean up Joo Chiat a couple of years ago, refusing bar licenses and trying to tempt in interior design businesses, etc. Failed miserably of course.

I heard similar rumours re. Geylang the whole 4 years we lived on the edge of the red light district, but I can assure you that in those 4 years it only expanded further up Geylang Road.

I know it was always a bit colourful but I do hear that these days Tanjong Pagar/Duxton Hill has even more working girls than gay boys on the pull. Shame really - I always enjoyed going out down there with my boys when my husband was away (which was most of the time!).

A friend still there told me he got offered a massage in the Apollo Centre the other day! I suppose it IS close to parliament.

I can't see any attempts to create one ghetto, e.g., at Changi Village, working.

(Do you think I should add all this to my information in the Aussie Forum for people on Singapore stopovers? Maybe not... )
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:22 pm
John

jbharding is an unknown quantity at this point

The best country and western music bar, Ginivy, is located in Orchard Towers' Four Floors of Whores. There is great line dancing, and, with two bands, the music never ever stops.

Available ladies line the wall - and yet, it is respectable.

When I worked for Citibank, Singapore, that's where I took our business clients. It's a great place for innocent (and not so innocent) fun. The place is owned by Hans, a Singapore/German mix.