Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Any recent LTVP experience?

Any recent LTVP experience?

Old Jun 17th 2016, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

JayKay007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any recent LTVP experience?

Hello,

I'm relocating to Singapore next month and looking at LTVP options for long term girlfriend. Anyone had experience of getting common law relationship affidavit notarised and views on success criteria?

An EP in her own right is possible, but recently switch careers to HR - learning & development and not sure how strong job market and granting EPs on lower earning brackets?
Old Jun 18th 2016, 8:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any recent LTVP experience?

Just to say Welcome to the forum

I hope you get some answers on this thread.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 2:35 am
Just Joined

WalshyR32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JayKay,

I'm just starting this exact process. It is not simple at all. Don't expect ANY assistance from the UK authorities as they sent me an email basically saying common law relationships are not recognised in the UK and therefore they won't issue/stamp anything. My partner is Czech so we are checking that avenue but so far the best we can hope for is a notarised statutory declaration to support the application. It's a crazy system, we have a kid together and he will be issued a DP no problem. We have discussed other options such as 3 months here 1 month back home for her and the little one but that's far from ideal for the next few years. I'm hoping to hear from someone who has recently been through the process who can give advice. Don't spend too many hours searching for the answers though as there doesn't seem to be any clear direction on this.

Have you spoken to a UK Lawyer about the affidavit? I'd be interested to hear how that went/goes.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Luk3yboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JayKay,

I assume your work aren't offering any sponsorship of any sorts for your gf? If they are paying for your EP, quite often they will support a DP for a significant other but if not married it may depend on the company's internal policy. I know someone in this position and seeing them this weekend so will ask how they got around it. I know they found it incredibly difficult for the GF to get a job though, they've just got married purely so she is eligible to work here. I know she had a LTVP before that though.

A lot of companies don't seem terribly willing to employ people that aren't already resident or hold an EP. If she does find a job the minimum earning bracket isn't too huge, I think minimum of $5k a month to qualify for EP.

All the best and if I find out any more info I'll let you know.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Hi Luk3yboy,

I know you replied to JayKay so apologies for jumping in..My partner won't be working but my work will be doing the application on my behalf, does this make a difference? My Son, I'm assuming, will be a straightforward DP so I'm thinking they will surely 'marry up' (no pun intended 😂) the applications? Who knows...

Obviously I'm also keen to hear how you're friends got on.

Cheers and have a good w/e
Old Jul 20th 2016, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Hi all,
I didn't actually get to speak to my friend but I did find out that his GF was just put on a LTVP by his company. Loks like it is something they can choose to do if they want so I guess it is down to you to negotiate this with your employer. A child would count as dependent so would be an easy DP, husband or wife the same (and work sponsorship of them is standard) and guessing a partner would also be counted as a dependent, but it depends on your work's stance on this.

It is certainly possible so I would think it a bit cheap if your company refused to offer the sponsorship of their LTVP.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Hi Luk3yboy,

Thanks a lot mate, much appreciated you getting back to us. We are speaking to a Czech Notary who doesn't think a statutory Dec will be a problem so she will come for 3 months and we will do that when we go back for Xmas.

Fingers crossed it will all work out.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Good luck Walshy. Let us know when you get here!
Old Jul 21st 2016, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Cheers mate, I'm actually already here, family joining in a few weeks and then we will see what happens 😉
Old Jul 21st 2016, 2:24 am
Just Joined

In that case welcome! Hope it isn't this stormy when the family arrive!
Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Dunk78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, myself and partner are moving Singapore next month and are in a similar position to yourselves:

She and I are both British. We have been living together in the UK for over 10 years, have had a joint mortgage since 2011 (with statements) and have joint council tax statements dating back to then. We also have joint life insurance policy.

I will be on an EP through my employer and they will also submit the application for my partner's LTVP. We plan to provide the above evidence plus notarised affidavit(s).

My query / request is, does anyone that has been successful have any further advice and also would they be able to provide a template of what is considered an acceptable affidavit / declaration by Singapore MOM?

Thanks very much in advance for any help any of you can provide.