Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

moving there...can i bring my current nanny?

moving there...can i bring my current nanny?

Old Oct 1st 2013, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

bellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of light
Default moving there...can i bring my current nanny?

Hi all,

My husband and I are looking at setting up a business in Singapore in the next few months or so.
I am trying to find out all the ins and outs of visas, where to live (we're looking at Nusajaya), school for kids (5 and 1), and whether we can bring our current Filipino nanny?
As we wont have our kids in school (well the 5yr old anyway) when we first arrive and we'll be in the middle of setting up the business it would be so much easier to have our current nanny come with us. Plus she's awesome!!

Can anyone give me some information on how best to do our visas (whether Singapore or Malaysia or both)? Is it possible to bring our nanny immediately? Is it easier to have her enter Malaysia rather than Singapore?

Many thanks for you help.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving there...can i bring my current nanny?

Originally Posted by bellynbella
Hi all,

My husband and I are looking at setting up a business in Singapore in the next few months or so.
I am trying to find out all the ins and outs of visas, where to live (we're looking at Nusajaya), school for kids (5 and 1), and whether we can bring our current Filipino nanny?
As we wont have our kids in school (well the 5yr old anyway) when we first arrive and we'll be in the middle of setting up the business it would be so much easier to have our current nanny come with us. Plus she's awesome!!

Can anyone give me some information on how best to do our visas (whether Singapore or Malaysia or both)? Is it possible to bring our nanny immediately? Is it easier to have her enter Malaysia rather than Singapore?

Many thanks for you help.
Also interested in this process for our Scottish Nanny.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 9:49 am
Just Joined

stevehdb is an unknown quantity at this point

Nusajaya is a good choice. But from next year onward, there is increased charges for foreigner to buy the property.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 9:50 am
Just Joined

stevehdb is an unknown quantity at this point

Nusajaya is a good choice. But from next year onward, there is increased charges by Johor government for foreigner to buy the property. You may consider to buy within this year