LTSVP for Fiancé

Old Oct 25th 2016, 11:03 am
Just Joined

bilbeym is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LTSVP for Fiancé

Hi,

Hoping anyone with previous experience of this topic can help?! I know its been discussed in the past but I am struggling to find a concrete answer within these blogs.

My fiancé and I are both from the UK, I have been offered a position in my company in Singapore and would love to accept, my main concern is obtaining the correct visa for her to join me. I understand that the UK does not recognise common-law spouse relationships, but do the Singapore authorities take a view on a couple who have a mortgage, are engaged etc??

I have been offered a salary of SGD138,000, however all costs such as accommodation are my responsibility, is this a good offer and feasible?

I look forward to hearing your advice!

Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2016, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LTSVP for Fiancé

Who knows if it's a good offer?

For a Brain Surgeon I'd guess no.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

bilbeym is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I should have been more precise, im 26, and the job is in insurance.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

After tax I guess you are looking at S$10,000 pm.

S$4000pm of that may go on accomodation.

There's another thread recently updated on Visas and I'm sure there're more if you use the search.

Hopefully you are looking to work here because it would upgrade your CV rather than looking at it as a change with a 2 year 'holiday'

Whatever, good luck.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

SGD138,000 per month is a damn good offer! Well done, young man! Welcome to the high life!
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute

If she's a UK citizen which I'm assuming she is then she will get a 3 month social visitors pass only. If you plan to get married then why not just get married in Singapore, you can apply for a marriage permit once you arrive which will allow you to get married once you have been here for 2 weeks or more in total. It's cheap, around £70 or so only and takes 5 mins when the time comes.

Have that and then have a lavish affair another time if your concern is to ensure you can remain together here without her having to exit every so often.

The salary you are on is enough to live very comfortably here. May not be able to afford a car but you don't really need one here. Enjoy Singapore.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mlee888
If she's a UK citizen which I'm assuming she is then she will get a 3 month social visitors pass only. If you plan to get married then why not just get married in Singapore, you can apply for a marriage permit once you arrive which will allow you to get married once you have been here for 2 weeks or more in total. It's cheap, around £70 or so only and takes 5 mins when the time comes.

Have that and then have a lavish affair another time if your concern is to ensure you can remain together here without her having to exit every so often.

The salary you are on is enough to live very comfortably here. May not be able to afford a car but you don't really need one here. Enjoy Singapore.
One more thing, I'm not sure how difficult it is to get a long term visitor pass but a friend of mine is also UK citizen and he got one which was valid for a few years. His fiancé was working here at the time and he packed up back home and came over to be here with her.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Tvrdavey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bilbeym
Sorry, I should have been more precise, im 26, and the job is in insurance.
Did you have any success with the LTVP in the end?