Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Local school or international school in Singapore

Local school or international school in Singapore

Old May 31st 2014, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Dunroaming is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Local school or international school in Singapore

Thank u froggyb. That's great info. I'll defo contact her. We are doing a scouting visit soon. I would really love my toddler to keep her French as she only plays in French and so all her play language is that. Is there a list somewhere of the top schools for international and local? I am bit split in where to send them. As they are young the wld fit into local school system well but as we cannot use the school allowance anywhere else it would be a waste not to spend the allowance on the international school. My husband will be working near the singapore uni. Any tips on areas/districts that would be easy to commute so I am not looking at really far away areas? It wld have to be a condo with good ammentities for the kids. Is it easy to do lots of outdoor activities with kids? I am worried about the heat and humidity. Is it like Sydney? That's all I can compare it to experience wise. With clothes. What's best to keep and what's best to leave behind? Many kids books in English too? Oops bit all off topic. I am bit anxious!!
Old May 9th 2015, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Gerrrr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Eveyone
I'm also thinking of moving to Singapore next month and want to take my family along. I have an 11 year old and a 15 year old who will be taking o Levels next year. Any advise on the best British international schools available.?????
Old May 9th 2015, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

It's really dependent on which school has places open.

Very late to apply and expect a choice.

Good luck though.
Old May 9th 2015, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Gerrrr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
I know I'm late. Unfortunately this move has just cropped up. Im any case which are the best schools??