Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Just moved in Singapore - mould problem!

Just moved in Singapore - mould problem!

Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

_Vera_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just moved in Singapore - mould problem!

Originally Posted by katongkaren
Vera, do you think mould causes sinus problems? Is it common? Just wondered - and, if you reply twice, you'll be up to your 3 postings
If you google mould and sinusitis you will get enough links to show you the health risks involve with it. My family at home always asks me to move away from Singapore as they are really worried about my health. I have had chronic sinusitis for 2 years already.

I just hope with the right equipment in the house it will go away...
adn btw. I really want to move into a shophouse too It doesn't really matter where you live. You need to deal with mould in every house!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

custard26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cleaning with lemon pledge seems to help ours
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

we live on the East Coast in a 6th floor apartment. we've been in there 8 months and havnt had any mould problems. we only use the AC in the main bedroom during the night.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:26 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

We always found ventilation was the key...we lived 19th floor west coast, 50th in Anson Road, then 17th in Katong - we used to use natural ventilationn - front and back windows open to get a good flowthru. We rarely used a/c unless it was too windy with the windows open, which did happen now and then. Only problem we had with this was in the guest bedrooms that didn't get used much - used to have to run the a/c on dehumidifier setting to stop from getting mold on the stored winter clothes! We also got some rusting in unexpected places from the exposure to the sea air(!) but we could live with that.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:57 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I'd read similar from you before, Yorkie - look further up the thread. This thread just won't die, and it's usually resurrected by a spammer.

JFYI, I've now been in Sydney for 14 months and just threw out my beloved leather gloves. They survived 6 years in Singapore, most of those without aircon, and one summer in Sydney killed them off.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:35 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

OOPS
Mind you, I can't remember what I had for lunch, so not likely to remember what I said almost 2 years ago!!