Hotels Singapore

Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future
Default Hotels Singapore

I am stopping over in Singapore for a few nights in the summer and wonder if anyone can recommend a hotel please, nothing extravagant, somewhere clean and central.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotels Singapore

Originally Posted by kbryant
I am stopping over in Singapore for a few nights in the summer and wonder if anyone can recommend a hotel please, nothing extravagant, somewhere clean and central.
Air singapore used to do a deal with the shangri-la
Old Mar 21st 2006, 11:09 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at the Pan Pacific, its in the centre of town and really nice. If you want something 'nice' try the shangri-la on Sentosa Island, absolutely lovely, great restaurant and beach front...besta luck...
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:41 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

If I was going for relaxing, but central, I'd do the Shangri la at the top of Orchard Rd.
If I was going for character and cash didn't matter I'd do Raffles (or maybe the Fullerton)
If you wanted Sentosa, I'd probably do the Beaufort (without kids!)
If I was going for getting out and about but with a reasonable bed for the night I'd do the Carlton (Not the Ritz-Carlton)
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
If I was going for relaxing, but central, I'd do the Shangri la at the top of Orchard Rd.
If I was going for character and cash didn't matter I'd do Raffles (or maybe the Fullerton)
If you wanted Sentosa, I'd probably do the Beaufort (without kids!)
If I was going for getting out and about but with a reasonable bed for the night I'd do the Carlton (Not the Ritz-Carlton)
My friends stayed at the shangri-la.
We did Raffles, very expensive but lovely and they will do a twenty-four hour room around your flight. Because we had @ 15 hour stopover most hotels wanted us to book the room for two days as they let rooms from 2-3pm and we landed @7am so to have the room had to also reserve it from the day before. glad we did raffles and enjoyed my singapore sling in the long bar and because it was keiths burthday six staff brought him a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to him and upgraded our room for nothing.

Ali
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:25 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

We used the New Ottani on Clarke Quay, I think it is now the Novotel.
It was reasonably priced and the rooms and service were excellent. It is also within walking distance of all the sights (and the Singapore sling at Raffles of course!!!!!!!!!!!

Loz x
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 7:53 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alison1967
Air singapore used to do a deal with the shangri-la
Will recommend Shang ... I used to work in that hotel 5 yrs ago in the front office. And now we always stayed there on the way to Indo. Great hotel and great staffs
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Many thanks all, I will check these out.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the hotels mentioned above are at the top end for Singapore.
Still very good value though at prolly less than GBP100 per room per night .

You can check and book online at many sites if you google http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore.html

If you just want a clean, tidy room there are plenty of hotels in the range of S$100+/-.
If you want the experience of a top class hotel then look in the S$200 to 300 range unless you want to splash out at Raffles.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ex reg
Most of the hotels mentioned above are at the top end for Singapore.
Still very good value though at prolly less than GBP100 per room per night .

You can check and book online at many sites if you google http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore.html

If you just want a clean, tidy room there are plenty of hotels in the range of S$100+/-.
If you want the experience of a top class hotel then look in the S$200 to 300 range unless you want to splash out at Raffles.
Asiarooms.com were reasonable. Ali
Old Mar 29th 2006, 4:47 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

http://www.millenniumhotels.com/MCIL.nsf/lu_hoteldoc/706$$hoteldescription?opendocument&hd

have to say we found this a great spot.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Abhi is on a distinguished road

This weekend we were in Singapore
We stayed at Hotel Bencoolen, of the BenCollen Road, It was a good one
Queen size bedrrom costed us 115SG$ per day incluing continental breakfast
The advantage of this one is, it is located at a distance of 5 min walk to Daubhy Ghat MRT station, from where you can go around the city
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:33 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Singapore airlines have some good deals on rooms ( you need to fly with them to qualify tho ). If you go to their website and click on promtions, then singapore stopover, they have a number of hotels in different price ranges, which also include transfers and several money off vouchers for attractions etc. We are hoping to fly one way to Oz in May and will probably go with them.
Hope this helps
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Loubags
Singapore airlines have some good deals on rooms ( you need to fly with them to qualify tho ). If you go to their website and click on promtions, then singapore stopover, they have a number of hotels in different price ranges, which also include transfers and several money off vouchers for attractions etc. We are hoping to fly one way to Oz in May and will probably go with them.
Hope this helps

Thanks , unfortunatley we aren't flying with Singapore Airlines, going Emirates as staying in Dubai for a while first to catch up with mates. It all gets very complicated as not booked through Emirates, got round world type ticket as leaving from Canada via a few places . Am off to Oz too though
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:41 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Thanks , unfortunatley we aren't flying with Singapore Airlines, going Emirates as staying in Dubai for a while first to catch up with mates. It all gets very complicated as not booked through Emirates, got round world type ticket as leaving from Canada via a few places . Am off to Oz too though
Sounds like you're going to see a few places! Hope you have a good one! Enjoy Singapore!