GP careers in Singapore

Old Jun 19th 2017, 8:43 am
Just Joined

smalik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GP careers in Singapore

Hello all

My wife and I are considering a move to SG as I have a job offer from a firm. My wife is a GP here in London, and we were wondering what job prospects were like for GPs in Singapore.

Our limited research indicates that she will likely have to find work in a govt hospital for 18 months. We have also been told that the pay isn't all that, and certainly much less than the UK.

Would be really grateful for a chat with any GPs who've moved out there. Happy to converse on the forum, email, WhatsApp, phone etc!

Many thanks!
Old Jun 20th 2017, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GP careers in Singapore

Can't help much, but ...

There are Gov Polyclinics

There are private group polyclinics - Raffles, Gleneagles, etc etc

Ditto with hospitals.

Dunno how the structure works but there are many ex pat doctors and nurses from a range of countries. My Cardio guy is from US.

Unless an expert in a particular field I think you are correct in salary expectations.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 2:09 am
Just Joined

sanc1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GP careers in Singapore

im not so sure if its same for expat doctors but local doctors do go through a sort of system. They start out at polyclinics usually (unless youre rich enough to fund a private practice) or as army doctors for males that go through national service. then they graduate to hospitals, and then to private practices. And the pay grade is as such.