Broadband

Old Aug 28th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Broadband

We're new to SG and need to get our home broadband setup ASAP.
Looking for advice, and personal experience.

I'm strongly considering the Starhub Fibre Package for $39.90:
(http://www.starhub.com/content/promo...ebenefits.html)

Includes:

• 100Mbps* fibre home broadband
• Anytime TV
• 16 FreeView channels
• HubStation rental
• 10% OFF Video-On-Demand
• Wireless Home Gatewayßß (worth $199.02)
• Activation and installation (worth $85.60)
• Fibre Termination Point installation (worth up to $481.50)
• Home phone line##
• SafeSurf Online~

However there's also an alternative from Singtel:

( http://info.singtel.com/personal/int...roadband-plans )

Similar package, higher price.

Is the price justified or not?

What provider do you use?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband

Really depends on who you speak to.
Some will say one is best others will disagree.

There are other alternatives.

But we use Star Hub and their free 1Mbps service which comes with the HUb Station.
We get 1.07 Mbps and I can surf whatever, watch TV from other countries online on my Desktop whilst my missus can do the same on here laptop. That's all through wifi.
No buffering and it's not fibre because we moved into a brand new building 24 months ago and we don't have fibre yet, or want or need it, but the building we moved out of had fibre installed about 3 months before the building was demolished.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg

But we use Star Hub and their free 1Mbps service which comes with the HUb Station.
We get 1.07 Mbps and I can surf whatever, watch TV from other countries online on my Desktop whilst my missus can do the same on here laptop. That's all through wifi.
No buffering and it's not fibre because we moved into a brand new building 24 months ago and we don't have fibre yet, or want or need it, but the building we moved out of had fibre installed about 3 months before the building was demolished.
Hilarious! Shocking they would go through the trouble to install fibre that late in the game!

Thanks for the advice. I think the Starhub offer looks ok.
If your 1Mbps package is ok, their fibre offer should be amazing.
Now to find out if my building can accommodate it.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ex reg

Hilarious! Shocking they would go through the trouble to install fibre that late in the game!

Thanks for the advice. I think the Starhub offer looks ok.
If your 1Mbps package is ok, their fibre offer should be amazing.
Now to find out if my building can accommodate it.