Bringing a partner

Old Jul 12th 2013, 8:09 am
Just Joined

afrocleland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing a partner

Hi, I'm considering a relocation with my work (a big american firm)to Singapore.
I'm looking to bring my girlfriend with me. We aren't cohabiting and she has 2 degrees(English and a masters in Journalism). I know with the british passport she can get in for 90 days, but would she be able to apply for any sort of visa to allow her to look for full time employement?
Any info would be great! Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I tried searching.
Cheers!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 1:46 pm
Banned

helenegesine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bringing a partner

Hi
unmarried partnerships are not recognised for a dependent pass and partners need to contact immigration for a solution. Alternatively speak to your employer as they may offer her a job too if otherwise you will not relocate. This is now very common and you should give it a try. Once she is in singapore, she is able to set herself up as a sole proprietor and work as a free-lanced journalist.
Helene