Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Working Visa with criminal conviction and no undergrad

Singapore Working Visa with criminal conviction and no undergrad

Old Feb 5th 2017, 9:39 am
Just Joined

joedotcom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Singapore Working Visa with criminal conviction and no undergrad

Hi all,

Apologies if this topic has been covered previously. I need some advice from people who have some knowledge of Singapore working visas.

I am from the UK and work for a global company. I have been with the company for 4.5 years and have been offered a role in Singapore.

My gross income is approx $17.5k SGD per month (I don't know if this is relevant?)

I do not have a Bachelors degree, but I am scheduled to start a distance learning Masters degree in Jan 2018 with a top British university.

In November 2013 (offence June 2013) I was convicted of possession of a Class C controlled substance and given a 12 month conditional discharge. I did not receive a fine and did not have to serve any time in prison. It was the lowest level of punishment I could have received from the magistrates court and the conviction is now spent.

My question is, how should I approach this when completing my visa application and what is the likely outcome. I know each case is individual, but I am just a bit worried about it and am looking for opinions. The company would handle my visa application.

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Feb 5th 2017, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Working Visa with criminal conviction and no undergrad

Hi there.

Just declare everything truthfully, and you should be alright. If you've been offered a role in your company, then job placement isn't an issue - your lack of a degree wouldn't necessarily put you at a disadvantage. The pay IS relevant, because if you'll be paid that level, the chances of you obtaining an employment pass (the local equivalent of a work visa) as opposed to a work permit or an S-pass (different/lower grades of work visas) are pretty good.

Good luck!