A bad day at the zoo

Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:31 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy A bad day at the zoo

SINGAPORE: A Malaysian contract worker died after being attacked by three white tigers at the Singapore Zoo on Thursday.

The worker has been identified as Nordin Bin Montong. The 32-year-old had jumped into a moat at the White Tiger exhibit and was subsequently attacked by the white tigers.

The commotion attracted the attention of nearby zoo keepers who went into the exhibit to distract the tigers in order to rescue Nordin.

Police said they received a report at 12.30pm about a man sustaining neck injuries at the zoo. Paramedics were called to the scene and Nordin was pronounced dead at 12.45pm.

The police are investigating the cause of the incident. The White Tiger exhibit has been temporarily closed as a precautionary measure.

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...389571/1/.html

The ST is reporting that he worked at the zoo but was not supposed to be anywhere near the tigers. Poor bugger.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A bad day at the zoo

Supposedly suicide.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:28 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

From what's been posted on a Singapore forum (incl by a friend who is a journo) it would seem that way. Certainly something amiss.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 2:41 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg
Supposedly suicide.
You've obviously got to be in a pretty poor state of mind to contemplate suicide at all, but how bad does it have to be to think that doing it by getting mauled to death by 3 tigers is a good idea?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:08 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: A bad day at the zoo

Originally Posted by Seasider
From what's been posted on a Singapore forum (incl by a friend who is a journo) it would seem that way. Certainly something amiss.
Which Singapore forum is this? I only really know about expatsingapore but there are some really dreadful posters on it nowadays and it irks me that the BM deletes any useful links because he hasn't been paid to 'advertise' them....:curse:

I would be grateful if you could post any links for different Singapore sites/forums ..
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:13 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Which Singapore forum is this? I only really know about expatsingapore but there are some really dreadful posters on it nowadays and it irks me that the BM deletes any useful links because he hasn't been paid to 'advertise' them....:curse:

I would be grateful if you could post any links for different Singapore sites/forums ..
Don't know if its the same BM as it was when we were there, but he was a to$$er.....when we were leaving I wanted to stick up a notice that we were having a leaving sale with all the proceeds going to the kids home in katong. I thought he may like it as a charitable act from an expat to the local community, but he wanted to charge me $100 for a commercial advert!
Old Nov 15th 2008, 12:06 am
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Don't know if its the same BM as it was when we were there, but he was a to$$er.....when we were leaving I wanted to stick up a notice that we were having a leaving sale with all the proceeds going to the kids home in katong. I thought he may like it as a charitable act from an expat to the local community, but he wanted to charge me $100 for a commercial advert!
He's the very reason some of us started our own forum in 2002. I still recommend www.expatsingapore.com for information in the archives, and for its Mums forum (I know some of the regular posters there), but I haven't used it for years.

I always suggest www.singaporeexpats.com for its property pages; like the other one - which is often referred to as the OB=Old Board, AB=Angry Board or EB=Evil Board this one is run by realtors. I used to post occasionally on the forum if I could help somebody but I think it is mainly frequented by younger/single expats and locals so I suggest lonely newbies go on it to pick up on social events. There is also a forum for wannabe SIA girls and boys and a very active plastic surgery forum (does that sum up Singapore or what? ). However ask a question and you will usually get help without the crap you often get on the OB.

The one I used to run has now evolved into www.singaporum.com - when we moved I decided to hang up my whip and let somebody else take the flak but I still post there as it's the same community and a good way of keeping in touch with friends. Small community of mainly longer term expats and a few locals; has a reputation for being cliquey (often referred to as the Sewing Circle) and quite a few folk know each other personally, although not as many as it may seem - like this board, you just get to "know" people after a while. I always say it's a happier place because most people are grateful to be in Singapore - many are on local contracts, some have married local and are adding to the population targets, etc. Also not being a commercial venture helps. Many people, like me, move on and continue to chat there.

I hope katongkaren would agree that you may get the piss taken but are generally welcomed and if you ask a question, people will try to help. You just have to "get" the humour, which is mainly Brit/Aussie/Kiwi although many more nationalities are on there. They even tolerate the Yanks.

I hope it's ok to post these - I was asked, it's not the first time I've put them up here, and I have no commercial interest in any of them. If you'd rather I did it privately please let me know.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

He's the very reason some of us started our own forum in 2002. I still recommend www.expatsingapore.com for information in the archives, and for its Mums forum (I know some of the regular posters there), but I haven't used it for years.

I always suggest www.singaporeexpats.com for its property pages; like the other one - which is often referred to as the OB=Old Board, AB=Angry Board or EB=Evil Board this one is run by realtors. I used to post occasionally on the forum if I could help somebody but I think it is mainly frequented by younger/single expats and locals so I suggest lonely newbies go on it to pick up on social events. There is also a forum for wannabe SIA girls and boys and a very active plastic surgery forum (does that sum up Singapore or what? ). However ask a question and you will usually get help without the crap you often get on the OB.

The one I used to run has now evolved into www.singaporum.com - when we moved I decided to hang up my whip and let somebody else take the flak but I still post there as it's the same community and a good way of keeping in touch with friends. Small community of mainly longer term expats and a few locals; has a reputation for being cliquey (often referred to as the Sewing Circle) and quite a few folk know each other personally, although not as many as it may seem - like this board, you just get to "know" people after a while. I always say it's a happier place because most people are grateful to be in Singapore - many are on local contracts, some have married local and are adding to the population targets, etc. Also not being a commercial venture helps. Many people, like me, move on and continue to chat there.

I hope katongkaren would agree that you may get the piss taken but are generally welcomed and if you ask a question, people will try to help. You just have to "get" the humour, which is mainly Brit/Aussie/Kiwi although many more nationalities are on there. They even tolerate the Yanks.

I hope it's ok to post these - I was asked, it's not the first time I've put them up here, and I have no commercial interest in any of them. If you'd rather I did it privately please let me know.
I have actually found singaporeexpats.com to me more full of timewasters than the OB as you refer to it. will give the sewing circle a try
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:40 am
Auntie Fa

Oh gawd the 'porum is definitely for timewasters.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:24 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with pretty much everything Seasider said about the different forums. When I was moving to Singapore I got a LOT of good info from expatsingapore which was really, really useful, but you do get a lot of strange people on there. (Mmmm not the only forum like that )

I like Singaporum too - not too relevant for me these days as I'm not in Singapore - but go on there sometimes when I've got nothing better to do (usually when it's raining).
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh gawd the 'porum is definitely for timewasters.
sounds just like the BE middle-east section then
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:59 am
Auntie Fa

Hey Inselaffen, did you join and post in the Geek section? Was going to welcome you but not 100% sure.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey Inselaffen, did you join and post in the Geek section? Was going to welcome you but not 100% sure.
yes that was me !
bad start posting in the Geek bit
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
sounds just like the BE middle-east section then
Watch it, hole-digger...
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
yes that was me !
bad start posting in the Geek bit
but your rightful place, non...?

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.