common law proof

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Aaronsarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default common law proof

Hi all,
I am currently in the process of moving over
to Singapore with my partner but it's proving a little more difficult as we are not married. Can anyone give me any kind of info into how/where I can get the proof of our partnership they need?
Many thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: common law proof

Not all jurisdictions accept common law marriage.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
This is what we've been asked to get by the company.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 7:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Singapore can give a "long term visit pass" to an unmarried partner.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

sayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond repute

Are you British?

As the UK government does not recognise common law marriage, you can't get the proof. An affadivit used to be enough, but SG govt now wants confirmation from the government involved (embassy/ high commission)

So, get married.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 10:06 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=sayang;12035406]Are you British?

As the UK government does not recognise common law marriage, you can't get the proof. An affadivit used to be enough, but SG govt now wants confirmation from the government involved (embassy/ high commission)

So, get married.[/QUOT
thank you for your reply. Yes we are British. We've managed to find something online we have just got to get a solicitor to witness and sign so no need to get married 😂
Old Aug 26th 2016, 12:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sayang
Are you British?

So, get married.
You do NOT have to get married to obtain a "long term visitor pass". See post #4 above.
Old Aug 29th 2016, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

sayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond repute

Correct - but you do need to show that you are a common law spouse.

Under UK law, there is no such thing - there is marriage and civil partnership (civil partnership only available for same sex relationships - but outside NI same sex couples can also now get married)

. But Singapore requires:

Any one of the following: •Copy of the common-law marriage certificate.
•A letter from the embassy acknowledging that the work pass holder (WPH) and spouse are in a common-law relationship under the laws of their country.
•An affidavit from the WPH declaring that the WPH and spouse are in a common-law relationship under the laws of their country. The affidavit must also be notarised in that same country.

If MOM is still happy to accept an affidavit that the couple are living together etc and that counts as a common law marriage, even though there is no legal basis for it, then fine.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Karl1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently got a long term visit pass for my partner and we're unmarried. Myself, my partner and mother wrote affidavits (which were originally for an Australia visa application) and provided this to MOM and it got accepted within a few working days. Now we have both an Oz visa and Employment pass and LTVP in Singapore. Travelling last week in September .
Old Aug 30th 2016, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Karl1988
I recently got a long term visit pass for my partner and we're unmarried. Myself, my partner and mother wrote affidavits (which were originally for an Australia visa application) and provided this to MOM and it got accepted within a few working days. Now we have both an Oz visa and Employment pass and LTVP in Singapore. Travelling last week in September .
That's fab, thanks for the advise 😉
Old Aug 30th 2016, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Aint no such thing as "UK Law". Different jurisdictions within the UK. Scots Law has long recognised "marriage by habit and repute"

I do agree that the best path is to get married but we do not know if there are impediments to that in this case.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

bilbeym is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you please advise what you found online??
Old Nov 8th 2016, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Trine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aaronsarah
That's fab, thanks for the advise 😉
My son is trying to arrange a long term visit visa for his Japanese G/F they have been living in Tokyo he is British and his job is moving to Singapore if they get affidavit do they need to get that notarised in Japan order in UK
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Trine is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Trine;12098737]My son is trying to arrange a long term visit visa for his Japanese G/F they have been living in Tokyo he is British and his job is moving to Singapore if they get affidavit do they need to get that notarised in Japan or in the uk?
Old Feb 7th 2017, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Tvrdavey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Karl1988
Hi Karl,

Did you submit your application manually or via Singpass?

Only ask as my employer submitted out by Singpass using exactly the same documents as you and it was rejected. Seems to be pot luck as to whether they accept the affidavit or not?

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.