Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Airport taxis cost please

Airport taxis cost please

Old Dec 9th 2015, 4:38 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airport taxis cost please

What's it cost these days to get a taxi from Changi into town (Orchard Road)? Middle of day...not rush hour.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airport taxis cost please

Dunno zactly but less than S$20.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 8:16 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks....not as bad as I thought then.

I remember one time way back when, on a wet Friday evening and I was going from Changi to Tiong Bahru and...geez, I had the Mother of all Taxi fares. Got stuck in a jam on....on.... the PIE (or maybe it was one of the other ones). I'm foolishly thinking that the meter stops ticking if in a jam but it don't it seems
Old Dec 9th 2015, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

It does depend which side of noon though.
Was in town today and stuck at a traffic light with an ERP gantry the other side of the lights.
From noon to 12-05pm cost under the gantry was 50 cents.
From 12-05pm to ... can't remember maybe 2pm the cost was S$1.
So depending on time and number of gantries the taxi drives under.
I was there at 12-04pm to 12-05pm but luckily was turning right into Bukit Timah Rd so didn't have to pay.

Last edited by ex reg; Dec 9th 2015 at 9:17 am.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute

It once cost me $22 from Changi to Hyatt just off Orchard Road.

Shouldn't be much more than that to be honest during daytime.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 10:35 pm

That's great. Thanks MLee. And the trick is not to mentally convert in your mind back to Ringgits as that gets too upsetting. Just think it's 20 then it feels OK
Old Dec 11th 2015, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Cost me $21 from Changi to Holiday Inn, Orchard road 2 months ago at 5.00pm.
Back to airport at 7.00am was $24 due to traffic problems.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
That's great. Thanks MLee. And the trick is not to mentally convert in your mind back to Ringgits as that gets too upsetting. Just think it's 20 then it feels OK
That does make things a bit difficult. Have to try your best.

For us living in SG, for me anyway whenever I'm in KL everything is like 20-25% cheaper than it was earlier in the year.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 7:48 am

Yeh that's 'cause the Ringgit is down the tube. I'm sure last time I was in Singapore it was 2 ringgits to the dollar. Now it's more like 3 ringgits to the dollar

Anyway it's only money. Cannot take it with you so might as well spend it
Old Dec 12th 2015, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Spending on taxis sound like a great idea!

It used to be 2.3 ringgit per 1 SGD when I first got to SG. Now it's over 3. Shocking! Even the AUD has dropped.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 10:52 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

BB (hi!) (still too uncomfortable to post on Malaysia board with the grumpy old men)
When we go to Singapore the taxi varies between 12-23$ from the airport depending on quality of taxi I catch. Return is often a bit more expensive for some reason.
And yeah, just don't convert to ringgit.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
BB (hi!) (still too uncomfortable to post on Malaysia board with the grumpy old men)
Yeh, what is it with blokes?

Thanks for the taxi advice
Old Dec 14th 2015, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't get this 'don't convert to ringgit' rubbish.

Taxi from Penang airport to Tanjung Bungah say used to be MR50 standard.
This is S$17 ish for around 15 miles.

Taxi from Changi to town costs S$20 ish for around 14 miles.

Hardly an exorbitant difference. Not gonna break the bank is it.

And before the xchange rate increase the Singapore taxi ride was the much cheaper of the two.

What has this 'grumpy old man' missed?
Old Dec 15th 2015, 8:26 am

So...what will a glass (or 4) of wine set me back on New year's eve along Orchard Road? C'mon then
Old Dec 15th 2015, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Probably more than your taxi fare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.