24 and friendless

Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:31 am
Just Joined

newtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nice
Default 24 and friendless

Hi I need your help, I am a 24 year old girl who moved here a month ago from London and while I love it and have a job in advertising and a place to live etc etc there is a massive hole missing at 6pm on a friday night / most nights when I am dying for a drink and some fun.

If anyone has any advice about how to make friends here please let me know...

- can't believe I have actually posted a link asking for friends... this is definitely something I shall be keeping from my mates in London!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

bermymum is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: 24 and friendless

Hi I've been here for almost 6mths and the best place to meet foreigners and locals is through Singporeexpats.com the forum has loads of meetups for all interests.

good luck
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:09 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 24 and friendless

Yep that's definitely the best site for the younger expat. You could also get involved in groups like Britcham (British Chamber of Commerce) and maybe the dragonboating teams, if that's your thing. I can put you in touch with people involved in both of those if you like.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

do you play hockey? our ladies team is quite active on the social side
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:37 am
Just Joined

newtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nicenewtosingapore is just really nice

Hi I used to actually play hockey quite alot but i haven't for years, i would love to come and see the team however if you are all very good then you may not want me bringing the standard down! when do you train?
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:41 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

45 and friendless
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newtosingapore
Hi I used to actually play hockey quite alot but i haven't for years, i would love to come and see the team however if you are all very good then you may not want me bringing the standard down! when do you train?
the team is a real mixture. my wife played for them this season and she had never picked up a hockey stick in her life until 6 months ago.
if you make a couple of more posts on here you will be able to send/receive pm's. will then send you the details.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 6:20 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Good one, Inselaffen - you're well-placed to introduce her around town. Just one word of warning - 24, single girl? Keep her away from Bob
Old Jul 31st 2010, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Seasider
Good one, Inselaffen - you're well-placed to introduce her around town. Just one word of warning - 24, single girl? Keep her away from Bob
Its the standard warning when they join the club!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:50 am
Just Joined

That sounds great! ( re the hockey not Bob)... I would enjoy playing again and i'm never afraid to make a fool of myself either! look forward to receiving the details
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That sounds great! ( re the hockey not Bob)... I would enjoy playing again and i'm never afraid to make a fool of myself either! look forward to receiving the details
sent you a PM. you may have to make one more post before you can access it though (think its min 5 posts to have access to PM's)
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

blackberry69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I need your help, I am a 24 year old girl who moved here a month ago from London and while I love it and have a job in advertising and a place to live etc etc there is a massive hole missing at 6pm on a friday night / most nights when I am dying for a drink and some fun.

If anyone has any advice about how to make friends here please let me know...

- can't believe I have actually posted a link asking for friends... this is definitely something I shall be keeping from my mates in London!
Hello there!

I've been living in SG for over 5 months now, no luck with Jobs as yet, but i have free access to most Singapore night life through connections with Dj's etc I'm a dj myself. What kind work do u do? Hope you are enjoying the busy life here!
Old Oct 12th 2010, 8:38 am
Just Joined

lastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nice

Originally Posted by blackberry69
Hello there!

I've been living in SG for over 5 months now, no luck with Jobs as yet, but i have free access to most Singapore night life through connections with Dj's etc I'm a dj myself. What kind work do u do? Hope you are enjoying the busy life here!
How have you been living there for 5 months with no job?

To OP: I'm in the same situation as you. I don't even know where to live anymore. The modern world is rats.