Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

That's where all the money went!

That's where all the money went!

Old Oct 31st 2011, 8:51 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default That's where all the money went!

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...-euro-incomes/

Jubilation about the German deal to save the euro could prove short-lived if fresh news of Greek tax evasion gains wider currency. There are more Porsche Cayennes registered in Greece than taxpayers declaring an income of 50,000 euros (£43,800) or more, according to research by Professor Herakles Polemarchakis, former head of the Greek prime minister’s economic department.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That's where all the money went!

I bet the Greeks could teach the Spanish a lot about black money
Old Oct 31st 2011, 11:45 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Hard to imagine a country worse than Spain for black money, but it seems to be the case.
I don't see all the euro money in the World changing the mindset of either country, although they've had more than their fair share of benefit.
Greece is almost in a state of rebellion, whilst I imagine ever more ppl.in Spain are turning to black money as the situation continues to worsen.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:05 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
this evening on uk tv prog on living it up like a Greek

bus driver paid more than twice than uk, even get an allowance for milk for work.

the doctors and surgeons who claim they only earn €10k because their patients give them little brown envelopes, and cash don't count

the pensioner who retires at 50 gettin over €500 a week.

the planner who asked for €3000 (in a little brown envelope) to oil the wheels of the planning dept to make sure a glorified shed would receive persmissions.

the MOT engineer who took the official payment for doing the test but wanted €50 to fill in all the paperwork.

no wonder the country is bankrupt. but they did give us civilisation so it must be ok.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
this evening on uk tv prog on living it up like a Greek

bus driver paid more than twice than uk, even get an allowance for milk for work.

the doctors and surgeons who claim they only earn €10k because their patients give them little brown envelopes, and cash don't count

the pensioner who retires at 50 gettin over €500 a week.

the planner who asked for €3000 (in a little brown envelope) to oil the wheels of the planning dept to make sure a glorified shed would receive persmissions.

the MOT engineer who took the official payment for doing the test but wanted €50 to fill in all the paperwork.

no wonder the country is bankrupt. but they did give us civilisation so it must be ok.
Saw about 10 minutes of that, the lady hairdresser that would retire at 53 on 90% of her wages, and then take her existing customers and do their hair at home for cash in hand!
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the programme, I think we all moved to the wrong country!

It made me laugh (in a wry kind of way) to hear that hairdressing (along with 500 or so more occupations including being a baker) was considered an arduous and dangerous job, entitling them to retire at 50!
Old Nov 7th 2011, 9:53 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I should have put all my money into manufacturing little brown envelopes...
Old Nov 7th 2011, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I should have put all my money into manufacturing little brown envelopes...
No, wrong. Big white ones are where the money is, for use in Italy. Lots needed. Little brown envelopes aren't big or strong enough.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Nov 8th 2011, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by agoreira
Saw about 10 minutes of that, the lady hairdresser that would retire at 53 on 90% of her wages, and then take her existing customers and do their hair at home for cash in hand!
lady hairdressers have been doing that for "pin money" for decades.
usually visiting for an at home perm or cut etc.

I know one who has all the gear and a portable hood hairdryer for the full experience. all goes in the car, only works when the kids are at school.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

BigBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

The sad things is that Greece has come into the limelight but these little brown envelopes happen all over the world. Certain industries and political parties are just better at dressing it up as something else and a legal obligation.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:16 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigBunny
The sad things is that Greece has come into the limelight but these little brown envelopes happen all over the world. Certain industries and political parties are just better at dressing it up as something else and a legal obligation.
After all, the UK can hardly talk with so many benefit thieves posing as MPs, with their pockets full of State money they were not entitled to.

Even Cameron paid back a slab of money that he had scarfed off us that he wasn't entitled to. Hell of a person to tell us how we should live, who is no better than a common benefit thief.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:40 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant program the other night called "Greek for a week" or some crap like that, it sort of highlighted the problem in laymans terms... it also went a long way to explain that its not the "man on the street" like its painted in the Media but very much a public sector issue, I know there are exceptions but my god! Talk about nose in the trough!

What I found interesting was the scale of the debt, over 300 billion.... which is only a third of the debt of Italy! I have said it before, history has a knack of repeating itself and the rise of Germany as a super power, the rise of an Asian superpower, European unrest and poverty, America on the brink of financial meltdown and the UK trying to go it alone all sounds a little familiar to me!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:59 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Italy rapidly reaching bail out level, borrowing rate just up to 7%. Wonder which country will be next...........
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Italy rapidly reaching bail out level, borrowing rate just up to 7%. Wonder which country will be next...........
Portugal ?
Spain ?
Ireland ?

its all up to the money traders who are doing what George Soros did on Black Wednesday.
I find it repugnant that these bloodsuckers can spin a coin and decide the financial future for whole nations, but thats ok as they will get their bonuses.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Portugal ?
Spain ?
Ireland ?

its all up to the money traders who are doing what George Soros did on Black Wednesday.
I find it repugnant that these bloodsuckers can spin a coin and decide the financial future for whole nations, but thats ok as they will get their bonuses.
If the governments of these countries didn't squander precious resources then they would not be exposed to vultures.... Germany isn't as exposed, neither is France... of China... well you get my point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.