Parcels to U.k

Old Nov 8th 2012, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

elraso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parcels to U.k

Have had to return an electric blanket to Amazon in the u.k. ,local post office wanted to charge 29 euros,they did it on the size of the box ,they never weighed it ,the total weight of the articles was less than 2lbs, Can anyone advise best service to send parcels to U.K. could return it in parcel rather than box.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 5:54 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parcels to U.k

First of all have you printed out the instructions and labels from Amazon? If not that is the first thing that you need to do. They should pay you the postage costs back but once they only paid me about 80% of the postage. I think that as far as Amazon are concerned you have to return items in the box and if you do not this could affect them refunding you.

Rosemary
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elraso
Have had to return an electric blanket to Amazon in the u.k. ,local post office wanted to charge 29 euros,they did it on the size of the box ,they never weighed it ,the total weight of the articles was less than 2lbs, Can anyone advise best service to send parcels to U.K. could return it in parcel rather than box.
All carriers charge on the highest of actual or volumetric (i.e size)weight. I always use Ecoparcel.eu when I have stuff sent from the UK, but I haven't used them the other way. They are very cheap from the UK. You can input the size of your box to get the price. It also tells you the volumetric size. e.g 30cmx30cmx30cm is 6.75kg

Last edited by CapnBilly; Nov 9th 2012 at 7:28 am. Reason: typo
Old Nov 9th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Postage out of Spain is extortionate. It's always best to order stuff from Amazon.es if you can. I had to return a faulty DVD player and they sent a SEUR courier to collect it, free of charge!
Old Nov 9th 2012, 2:32 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
All carriers charge on the highest of actual or volumetric (i.e size)weight. I always use Ecoparcel.eu when I have stuff sent from the UK, but I haven't used them the other way. They are very cheap from the UK. You can input the size of your box to get the price. It also tells you the volumetric size. e.g 30cmx30cmx30cm is 6.75kg
although they use volumetric pricing surely the weight depends on whats inside the package - lead or feathers ?
Old Nov 9th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Domino
although they use volumetric pricing surely the weight depends on whats inside the package - lead or feathers ?
As I said it's the highest of actual or volumetric weight. So to take my example and yours, presumably feathers would weigh say 250gm, so you would be charged as thought it weighed 6.75 kg (volumetric), and lead say 30kg, so you would be charged at that weight, even though the volumetric is only 6.75kg. Simples.

If you're interested in the detail, the wiki has quite a explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimensional_weight

Last edited by CapnBilly; Nov 9th 2012 at 3:09 pm. Reason: Addition of hyperlink