Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

An invitation to an interesting topic

An invitation to an interesting topic

Old Jun 7th 2014, 6:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default An invitation to an interesting topic

An interesting thread has been started in the NZ forum. Not the TIO at all. That far flung place, the New Zealand forum at the bottom of the world in the land that time forgot.

I know you all enjoy your discussions and I know that the TIO does not quite fit you the way you feel PdT has. Maybe it is that the TIO is yet to be reformed by your input.

So , here is a topic that may be worthy of your thoughtful input.

It's an open invitation. Just that and no more.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: An invitation to an interesting topic

YEs it is indeed an interesting thread but to be honest IMO both religion and faith issues have been done to death in forums all over the web.

I will say that the tone of the thread is very civilised
Old Jun 7th 2014, 12:21 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh
YEs it is indeed an interesting thread but to be honest IMO both religion and faith issues have been done to death in forums all over the web.

there isn't any need for it to change, this used to be......

you mean the other TLA's haven't been there yet
it will change, it will change
Old Jun 7th 2014, 1:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh

Exactly.

Rosemary
Old Jun 7th 2014, 1:32 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

I know you all enjoy your discussions and I know that the TIO does not quite fit you the way you feel PdT has. Maybe it is that the TIO is yet to be reformed by your input.
Whilst I perfectly well accept that yourself and other mods have the authorisation to move posts around as you please like toy soldiers and sometimes with due justification, do you honestly think it's fair and considerate to regular posters who have begun and contributed to threads seemingly suited to PDT, to move them or use them elsewhere simply to try and bring other threads back to life ?
Old Jun 7th 2014, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Whilst I perfectly well accept that yourself and other mods have the authorisation to move posts around as you please like toy soldiers and sometimes with due justification, do you honestly think it's fair and considerate to regular posters who have begun and contributed to threads seemingly suited to PDT, to move them or use them elsewhere simply to try and bring other threads back to life ?
+1
Old Jun 7th 2014, 5:55 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Seems as everything not about Spain has been moved to TIO. Since being on gardening leave I thought they had all been deleted was the Prince Charles thread so contentious that it had to be moved. I thought TIO was mainly the domain of some of our friends from over the pond who seem to give a different meaning to what we call humour and was dying a death. So are you saying PDT has given it a lifeline to the odd one or. Two regulars who use it
Old Jun 7th 2014, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Seems as everything not about Spain has been moved to TIO. Since being on gardening leave I thought they had all been deleted was the Prince Charles thread so contentious that it had to be moved. I thought TIO was mainly the domain of some of our friends from over the pond who seem to give a different meaning to what we call humour and was dying a death. So are you saying PDT has given it a lifeline to the odd one or. Two regulars who use it
What is the subtitle to PDT, not a question for you J2, pleased to see you back, Id like to see your shadow re-appear too !!
Old Jun 7th 2014, 6:53 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Hi jacky, great to see you back, you've been sorely missed.

Funny you should say that about American humour, not only is it a bit different, they can't even spell the word.

Yes, as I mentioned previously, I'm of the opinion that we are simply being used to try and bring them and OPs on there (or should that be OAPs ), back to life.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

do you honestly think it's fair and considerate to regular posters who have begun and contributed to threads seemingly suited to PDT, to move them or use them elsewhere simply to try and bring other threads back to life ?
No
Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jacky, great to see you back, you've been sorely missed.

Funny you should say that about American humour, not only is it a bit different, they can't even spell the word.

Yes, as I mentioned previously, I'm of the opinion that we are simply being used to try and bring them and OPs on there (or should that be OAPs ), back to life.
This is the point I was trying to make earlier about TIO and I think LIW touched on it.

I find some of the comments on there difficult to understand, something the other day about 'Wilmore' and a few others. Some thought it funny and carried on but I was lost so stopped contributing.

Right now I'm to contribute to my lager sales.

Nice to see you back Jacky
Old Jun 8th 2014, 4:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mfh
A bit passé then . I can see that. Bit like those old chestnuts, politics and sexuality .I just thought it may be of interest, as any of the above always seem to ignite a little interest.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 7:22 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
A bit passé then . I can see that. Bit like those old chestnuts, politics and sexuality .I just thought it may be of interest, as any of the above always seem to ignite a little interest.
and there was me thinking that politics and sex were peas out of the same pod, always snuggling up to each other ........

but then its a couple of years since I had chestnuts roasted over a fire, paid a fortune for them from a sweet young thing with a barbeque in London after a theatre visit